1,030 results
All reviewsniche restaurantgreat locationcabin coffeeunderground parkingwithin walking distancefront desk staffhot tubcomfortable bedsspring garden roadupon checkking roomnice roommaritime museumharbour frontfew blocksdowntown coremini fridge
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights all together, three at the start of a tour and one at the end of the tour. I found this hotel to be very clean and very welcoming. When I arrived for the first time the staff who checked me in were absolutely warm and made me feel at home - they are more than happy to answer questions and give you tips of what to see.

The room I had was lovely - very clean, an amazing bed (so comfy!) and something I have come to really appreciate - lots and lots of charging stations! One on each side of the bed as well as regular power points.

I had breakfast one morning in Niche (which part of, but in a mall outside of the hotel - but accessed from Level 2) - it was really good and my waitress was lovely. I also ordered room service and they adapted my order to suit as I am a vegetarian. That would be my main suggestion - to have a better and more varied set of options for vegetarians!

I highly recommend this hotel - it's in a great spot, comfy, clean and friendly!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This is a good hotel. Close to the downtown area. Few cons: 1. My hotel cards got easily off-function. I had to go to the front desk to active it few times per day,which never happened with other hotels. 2. Few lights went off in the room and washroom. I felt not very good. 3. The pool water is very salted, also not the same as other hotel pools. Pros: very good WiFi system. Close to other business places. As I wrote, this is a ok hotel. I may try others next time if I could.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
DavePower902, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

xiaoyu c thank you for taking time to review our property.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the fast and free WiFi. The cards we will most certainly look into. No reason these should deactivate as easily as you suggest.

We do hope you continue to use Four Points on your future travels.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We stayed here prior to flying home. We had a large room with comfy beds and a good bathroom. So far, so good with the essentials being more than adequate. But what about the food? There is something called the Niche Lounge: this is a bar that serves food as an accessory to the alcohol. The food is fast food which is not particularly high quality or fast. We would eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
DavePower902, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Derek P thanks for taking time to review our property. We apprecaite all feedback.

As you know we do not run or own Niche, however they do work closely with the hotel. I have passed along your comments to Niche for follow up.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

The location of this hotel is the main attraction as it is within walking distance of the Halifax waterfront. The hotel itself is approx. 18 yrs old and has a very welcoming lobby with two computers for public use; there is a small pantry in the lobby where one can purchase snacks, etc. There is free coffee/tea in the lobby.
Check in was efficient but a bit testy with the female clerk as she refused adamently to honour the free breakfast that showed as included in THEIR WEBSITE - but she finally relented after pressure from her co-worker who gave us free breakfast for one morning ( which is in another part of the complex ). The room was clean and spacious with a large screen TV and a very comfortable bed. We had a small problem with the in-room fridge but CLIFF fixed that within minutes of the call to the front desk. The bathroom, although very clean, is starting to show its age with some peeling paint and a long time before getting hot water.
Parking is $22.00 per day and the parking lot is extremely tight with sharp corners and very little room to maneuver a medium or large size vehicle.
The hotel is a bit on the expensive side and, for that reason, it should include breakfast ( as per their website at the time of making the reservation ).
The main benefit of this hotel is its close location to the Halifax waterfront: otherwise, an average hotel for an expensive price.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
DavePower902, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

redrider53 thank you for sharing this feedback. We pride ourselves on delivering a memorable experience. It appears in this case we have fallen short. I will take this and use as a tool for the team to ensure we meet and exceed all guest experiences.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

My experience at this hotel on May 29th 2018 was disappointing to say the least. Upon check in (7pm) we were told that the wifi is down and won't be fixed until the next day which is forgivable, I get it sometimes s**t happens. So we were informed it costs $22 for parking, we shook our heads agreeing ok fine, but I'm listening to the other receptionist check in not one but 2 guests and her first thing she says is I'm sorry to inform you the wifi is down but if you are parking with us we can waive your fee as a courtesy. I then turned to our receptionist and asked how come we were not offered the same "courtesy" in which she replied I'm not sure what the circumstances are in their conversation, and I said well she told him about the wifi and offered free parking without rhem having to ask. If you are going to have 2 receptionist checking people in them they should be on the same page about offering"courtesies." She did back pedal and say she could do that for us as well after I was clearly annoyed. So we got our pushing comped and then there was a misunderstanding with the reservation, a company had booked the room for my sister and I and we were told we wouldn't need to do anything except check in. Wrong. The lady we was dealing with told us we had to put a credit card or deposit on the room before we could continue with the reservation but as we were trying to explain the situation she quickly cut us off and dais I'm sorry it's mandatory. Ok so I was just annoyed and fed up at this point so I gave her the deposit so we could get into our room we were hungry, travelling all day and just wanted to settle in. Meanwhile we got the company who booked the hotel for us to contact the hotel to fix the misunderstanding, which by the way was their fault. We got up to our room and we always check it out and see where everything is. When I opened the curtains I seen there was a half full opened beer can behind the curtain so obviously the room wasn't cleaned like it should of been. I was immediately pissed off and even more annoyed. So I took a photo (below) and marched downstairs (meanwhile this is 5 minutes of being in the room) and come down to the lady apologizing saying there was an error in the booking that they missed writing a note. She refunded my credit card and I thanked her for the apology but then showed her the picture I had just taken. She knew I was mad. She kept apologizing profusely and offered us free breakfast vouchers for the next morning. I thanked her and went on my way. Fast forward to the next morning, we decided to have breakfast at the "hotel breakfast" which is in another building and up an escalator that was also broken. We go into the restaurant and the music was very loud clubstyle music at 10am..... We ordered breakfast mine was good, but my sister's eggs were very undercooked and at this point we just wanted to leave. This was a very nice looking hotel from the inside but the experience was awful and I was extremely disappointed.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank jerricaoatway
DavePower902, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

very sorry for this negative experience. This is not the levels of service we are know for capable of providing. Please allow me time to investigate this situation with my team at which time i will be prepared for a follow up in person. I can be reached directly via email at dave.power@whg.com