HMCS Sackville - Canada's Naval Memorial

from US$36.64
More Info
from US$109.10
More Info
All reviews during wwii these ships royal canadian navy floating museum brave men cruel sea fitting tribute self guided tour first hand answer questions canadian history living history halifax waterfront lots of history corvette sailors vessel
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2019 via mobile

This was a cool ship to see. It is a fitting tribute to those that served during the War of the Atlantic. The Sackville could use some TLC though. Sitting at the dock is taking its toll on the old girl.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 17 September 2019

Very interesting to see the ship my uncle served on in World War Two. Glad this example exists and worth the time to look around.

Reviewed 9 September 2019 via mobile

The Hmcs Sackville is an important part of history and a very interesting ship to visit. The last remaining flower class corvette produce during the world war 2. Very interesting, and informative and worth a stop.

Reviewed 9 September 2019

Visiting this last Corvette was fascinating and showed the harrowing conditions the eighty young men endured in savage conditions in World War 2. Very thought provoking.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 4 September 2019

I visited this stark memorial to our brave sailors' sacrifice and service several times while I lived in Halifax/Dartmouth a few years ago. I returned again while on vacation this summer and renewed again my memories of my Uncle Delbert's service. He actually served on destroyers, but I remember his comments about serving on corvettes like the Sackville. You were wet and cold, and tossed about like ping pong balls, from the time you left harbour until you returned from your convoy duties. No one must ever forget the enormous sacrifices our young men made during those perilous times. This is a "must visit" for everyone who cares about our contribution to Victory in the Atlantic. These little ships were the backbone of our convoy escort force.