Open today: 10:00 - 17:00

from US$36.29
More Info
from US$108.07
More Info
All reviews maud lewis on display nova scotia tiny house actual house small collection buildings connected life story amazing woman grandma moses gift shop first nations nice coffee shop for sale wonderful museum couple of hours few hours
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I took my 14 year old daughter and her friend during March Break. We've been wanting to go for a while, and finally fit it in. I have not been to the AGNS for more than 20 years, but won't wait that long to return. We especially enjoyed the Maud Lewis gallery.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 8 March 2017

This is a great place to get lost in. Very nice arrangement of art and history. The Maud Lewis exhibit is especially moving.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 2 March 2017

The main reason for our visit was the Maud Lewis home and we also enjoyed other exhibits. The Maud Lewis home is a treasure.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 15 January 2017

Visited on Thursday evening when admission was free - I don't feel that it would be worth the regular admission prices.
Except for the works of John Macnab and Susan paterson, I found "Terroir: A Nova Scotia Survey" to be underwhelming.
"Buoys and Gulls" had a nice selection of Nova Scotian folk art.
The Maud Lewis house was interesting, and it was worthwhile seeing her actual paintings, despite the fact they have been exhaustively promoted in recent years.
The highlight of my visit were the paintings in the "Autism Art" display - several marvellous pieces !
There appeared to be a great deal of under utilized space throughout the gallery.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Another great place to spend an afternoon. Their Titanic exhibit is wonderful! Their Maud Lewis exhibit is the best in the world. They even have her little home on display.

Date of experience: April 2016