“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Canada
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

They really make you feel like home, everything is clean and friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Labrador12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2012

From the moment I walked into the hotel I was impressed. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. I was able to get into my room well before the check in time. The room was clean and spacious. No small fridge, however. The location is great for walking about the Commons, Public Gardens or browsing on Spring Garden Road. Since this hotel is not at the waterfront you'll save some money on the rates. But if you are wearing good walking shoes you'll have no problem heading down to the waterfront to spend the day sightseeing. There is free internet access and a business centre with two computers for guest use. The hotel also features an indoor pool and fitness centre - wish I had have brought my bathing suit!
I would definately recommend this hotel if you don't mind being a little off the beaten path of the waterfront action.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

A great place to be your home away from home. They are very helpful and cater to your needs big or small. They sure do what they can to make your stay a great one.

Room Tip: My room on 10th floor overlooking Robie Street was quiet and I enjoyed the view of the city. Bright...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
DOSAtlantica, Director of Sales at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of the Atlantica Hotel Halifax – I was very pleased to hear that our team were a key part of your positive experience and made you feel like a valued guest. We know that each and every one of our colleagues is committed to service excellence and it is wonderful that you recognized this during your stay. Also, you shared a great tip with your fellow travelers – The newly renovated Atlantica Gold Level rooms on the 11th and 12th floors and the Executive Level Room on the 14th and 15th floors offer a fabulous view and some excellent premium amenities. Your business is very important to us and we look forward to warmly welcoming you back in the future.
Warmest Regards,
Colleen Forward
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 March 2012

For a last minute get away, my husband & I booked a room online and ended up getting this hotel. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by a very sweet young lady behind the front counter. As she took our information to check us in, she asked us what was bringing us to Halifax. We told her we used to live in the city when we went to Saint Mary's & we just wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of Pittsburgh for a weekend. She was extremely enthusiastic and the male staff member that was working chimed in as well. They seemed very sincere and we had a great conversation with them. They also suggested we upgrade to their "Gold" level rooms which had been recently renovated. The room was lovely!!! They also put us on the side with a view of the commons park, where my hubby & I spent a lot of time together when we first met:) When we went back downstairs, we inquired with our buddies from the desk about where to have dinner, & they recommended the hotel's restaurant above all. We trusted them and rounded the corner to enjoy a delicious meal!! I was surprised at how good the food was, as we had eaten at "Season's" when we lived in the city way back and it was just average then. I had the fish and chips (something I miss about Nova Scotia) and my husband enjoyed the calamari and duck very much! (Which says a lot because he can be a picky eater). Since our dinner was so good that night, we went for breakfast in Season's the next day. The buffet is amazing and WELL WORTH the 15 bucks!!!! I was so ful and everything was delicious! We had an eventful weekend, and our visit to the hotel certainly reconfirmed why we enjoyed Halifax so much when we went to university here. I'd like to thank the wonderful front desk staff for being so charming, accommodating and above all friendly!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to Gold!!!! It`s worth the extra money and you get a fantastic view because you`re on the up...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angelina H
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. Our exceptional team of guest service associates will be thrilled to see your comments. We know they are what sets our hotel apart and it is great to hear that you found them to be friendly and warm. Also, great to hear that you had an opportunity to try out the culinary offerings in Seasons by Atlantica. Next to our genuinely caring team, our culinary experience is one more thing that is frequently mentioned by our guests as one of the key reasons they return again and again.
So happy to note that that you opted to upgrade to the Atlantica Gold Level rooms. These newly renovated rooms are an excellent value and offer a terrific view of the city along with some great premium amenities. Thank you very much for your business. We do hope to have the pleasure of having you with us again very soon!
Best Regards,
Colleen Forward
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My fiancé and I booked a room on hotwire thinking that we got a good deal but the service we received overall was poor. The check in process was very good, the agent was friendly and knowledgeable. We enjoyed the hotel facilities but didn’t feel valued as customer. We were extremely disappointed with the check out. We had a problem with a few things during our stay and because we didn’t call the front desk before checking out, the desk agent Cailin said that we should have called down while the problems came up. The toilet was always running, the room was freezing and there was noise coming from another room on my floor. My fiance did call about the noise because it seemed like a party floor and whoever was working at that time of night said they would contact the room to quiet the floor. I understand that it would be fair to the hotel to have called down with our other concerns however Cailin was very hostile telling us there was nothing she could do for us now. Her reaction to our concerns was unbelievable. She was belligerent! Smacking her hands and Yelling at me demanding attention from the entire lobby was her way of belittling me. I felt terribly embarrassed as others looked on. I was in shock and disgusted by her attitude because I was merely trying to let her know that the room needed to be looked after. Someone of her caliber should be working at a bar in a small town where the music makes her voice seem miniscule. When I asked for the Manager , this very unprofessional young agent claimed to be the Manager on Duty. My fiancé told me to ask for the General Manager however I was stunned by this treatment and leaving to catch a flight so we didn’t bother. I felt like my tragic experience needed to be aired online because this is barely a 1 star with what happened. Her words were I understand what you are saying but how is it you understand when you are yelling at us with absolutely no compassion and talking over me without giving me a chance to talk. This is one hotel I would not recommend to fellow travellers.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tko_s155019
Thank you very much for providing feedback on your recent stay. I was very sorry to hear that your experience was not positive. We know that our guests have many accommodation options available to them and your business is very important to us. I do extend my sincere apology that you did not feel that you were valued and appreciated during your stay. I can assure you that this is not indicative of our usual service standards. Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to provide you with a much more appropriate stay in the future. I have messaged you through Trip Advisor and hope that you will contact me at cforward@atlanticahalifax.com so we are able address your concerns directly.