Open today: 06:00 - 21:30

from US$60.45
More Info
from US$108.74
More Info
All reviews off leash walking trails martello tower dog walking dog owners hurricane juan prince of wales great place for a walk bike ride historic sites points of interest downtown halifax few hours picnic woods trees jog
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 December 2017

This is lovely park in which to spend some time away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Lots of trees line a series of well marked trails. There are also side trails that you can follow if so inclined. There is a parking lot at the Tower Road entrance of the park. The Prince of Wales Tower, a National Historic Site, is with the park and about a 15 minute walk from the parking lot. The trails all show up on Google maps if you are using a smart phone so it is easy to find your way around if you are not familiar with the area. Well worth the visit.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Five of us went for a walk in Point Pleasant Park on a cool crisp Fall Saturday.The park is recovering nicely after Hurricane Juan. There were lots of people enjoying a walk thru the many trails in the park. There are also lots of places that are more secluded and perfect for a picnic or quiet time.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My best friend sent me a photo when she went here in June. I had it on my list of places to go to when I visited her last month. I enjoyed the walk here, some spectacular views too! Im sure to be back here when I visit Halifax next time!

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 11 November 2017

if you are looking for a relaxing stroll for an hour, then this is a good place. Very peaceful and right on the water. I do not live in Halifax, but visit about 6 times a year. I try and go for a stroll around the park at least once in the summer and once in the fall.

Besides the grassy areas, there are benches and picnic tables at various points in the park, and you will see people in the park having lunch. There are running trails as well, and there are people walking dogs.

There are a number of war memorials (This WAS a fort back in the day), so it is also a good time for reflection.

One thing though, I have seen quite a few dogs off leash in the last few years. I do not believe that this is allowed. I don't care how friendly your dog is, I don't want a german shepherd sniffing my crotch. This is the main reason I walk during the day on week days, when there are less dogs.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 8 November 2017

A popular, dog-friendly, park in Halifax's south end. Lots of parking, trails for walking and jogging, grassy fields with wonderful harbour views, canons and historical buildings ... a little something for everyone. Love it there.

Date of experience: October 2017