Open today: 11:00 - 00:00
Review Highlights
Amazing

We was on a cruise in 2019 I have family in Halifax and we got together and ended up here OMG the... read more

Reviewed 31 August 2020
jamessX7516CJ
Awesome Awesome visit here

Reviewed 1 December 2019
FREPLUG
Macomb, Michigan

Recommended experiences in and around Halifax
from US$88.45
from US$60.76
from US$91.56
from US$36.00
More Info
All reviews rum tasting tasting room our tour guide cruise ship rums jd shore distilled
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2019

Being a drinker of rum I of course wanted to stop in and see what this place was about. The male server was awesome and helpful in explaining the environment and the products. I did a rum tasting and the girl got an actual drink. As we sat enjoying the awesome products we spoke with another employee, a female who turned out to be one of the owners. What a pleasant person and she further made the experience enjoyable. The atmosphere is quaint and welcoming. The space is open and cozy. The service was awesome and knowledgable. The product is amazing!!!! I highly recommend this as a stop to all who look for a good drink and experience to relax a little bit. I would come back here over and over again. Had I not been on a cruise ship I also would have purchased several bottles to go!

Reviewed 7 November 2019

Went here on a cruise with the express purpose of getting a few bottles of their Maple Cream liqueur better than Baileys. We sampled their other products and ended up with a spiced rum as well. A great place to visit and an easy walk from your ship if on a cruise.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 16 October 2019

We’d been on a cruise ship for ten days coming from the UK and avoiding hurricanes, so we were very eager to finally dock in Halifax and explore land for a change.

After a stroll from the ship, we turned into town and were delighted to see some LGBT friendly stuff in the windows. Apparently Canada has Pride month in September which made us feel particularly welcome for our whole visit to the country.

We were initially looking for somewhere just for a cuppa, but due to the fantastic ambience and amazingly friendly service, it turned into a lobster roll lunch which we shared – my husband washed it down with a local beer but I stuck to coffee, wanting a break from all-inclusive cruising!

Apart from the wonderfully friendly service, it’s well worth a visit to see the beautiful “historic” wooden bar, which was imported from the UK. Also, at the back, there are some very informative history panels - the thing that made us laugh the most was that the distillery was set up by none other than someone called I. C. Shore. After ten days at sea, it was very appropriate! I do hope our travels take us to Halifax again, it was a lovely place to visit, and next time, hopefully we’ll have more time so we can sample the distillery produce and go on a tour, or even just stop by for another cuppa.

Reviewed 5 October 2019 via mobile

We walked past this place and decided to sign up for their rum tasting tour. Our tour guide was funny and knowledgeable. We had a great time - their cream rum was to die for!

We were greeted by the owner on our way out; owner was very nice and approachable. I’m glad we stopped by this place. A visit is highly recommended.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 7 September 2019

This distillery is easy to find if you are at port on a cruise ship. They distill a number of different rums and whiskeys and you can try them in flights

1  Thank AlamoGQ