“Yum!”

Johnny K's Authentic Donairs
Ranked #167 of 750 Restaurants in Halifax
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

My first Canadian donair! I've had several doner kebabs in Europe, and while these are not the same, they were pretty delicious! There is very limited seating on stools at the window, so this is more of a carry out place. No air conditioner...so I bet it gets pretty warm in there. They are pretty messy...so you know they're good!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

My wife and I stopped at Johnnys on June 30th as she said she was hungry, I wasn't even going to get anything as I was too hungry but it smelled soooooo good I gave in and ordered the jr. beef donair. Well, the name jr is very misleading, it was awesome! The size was more than enough for just $5 but the taste was, well let's just say, I was back the next day for more! There's only seating for about 6 or 7 people and it can get busy but it's well worth it.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

It's basically fast food, a quick bite when you have a long day of journey. Very convenient and the staff was friendly. I ordered a full meal with donair, fries and drink. Donair was tasty, but fries was not good and I couldn't finish it. You may want to order just the regular donair if you are not particularly hungry as I was.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

In 2015, Halifax declared donairs the official food of the city. It's basically beef shawarma (if you've had it in Toronto) or the beef version of a lamb gyro (if you've had it at a halal cart in New York City). It's the evolution of the doner kebab to what Haligonians call "donair." It comes with a donair sauce — condensed milk and garlic. I highly recommend getting the donair sauce on the side and trying it on it's own before drizzling it all over your wrap.

Johnny K's is located on an iconic street corner called Pizza Corner, known as the go-to place for 3:00am post-partying nibbles.

If you have a donair, you can claim you've had the official Halifax food. If you skip it, you haven't missed much.

1  Thank CarpeDiem5D
Reviewed 25 June 2017

I miss this place so bad. I ate donairs all over Nova Scotia and these were my favorite, by far. The price is right too.