All reviews dining room breakfast buffet the main hotel nova scotia historic hotel beautiful grounds shuffle board walking trails lounge area the cottages outdoor pool bedroom cottage fish cakes an older hotel shuttle service gift shop scallops
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a really cool hotel with beautiful grounds. It's so regal & nostalgic - we loved the time warp & the old furniture pieces/decor. The only problem was that the doors are old and therefore only shut when slammed (so you can hear other doors too from inside your room) and the rooms are tiny. Old & outdated (like the baseboards/walls, etc). The potential for great gatherings is here for sure.... not sure why more people aren't around here!

Stayed: September 2018
PRLB72, General Manager at Digby Pines Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to post your rating of our resort and for your feedback, both are greatly appreciated. I hope you will stay with us again when back in the Digby area

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have been going every year since our grandchildren were born. We get a cabin at the end of the school year. Bonfire, marshmellows, swimming, the spa...lots to see in Digby. Yummy breakfasts, and having fires in our cabin fireplace never disappoints. Thus year made 15 tears and counting. Wonderful staff!

Stayed: June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your rating of our resort and for your kind words, both are greatly appreciated. I hope you will stay with us again when back in the Digby area

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very beautiful grounds, some things to do for everyone, but would not go for breakfast later than 7:30am. We went for breakfast at 8:30am waited about 12 minuets to be seated but restaurant was not very busy, so 3 waitress were standing and having conversation. Finally got seated waited more for coffee and tea, went for food, a lots of variety of empty dishes. Wanted hot porridge, opened pot and what do you think it’s was empty still on warmer. I am picky for food, but didn’t need much just was craving for porridge.
Also would like to mention check-in and check-out time.
Arrived at 3:40 pm. Check in time by hotel policy 4:00 pm. Front desk informed us about it, we said we are going to wait for 20 minutes in lobby, after that we were told it could take more than 20 minuets because our room is not ready yet. Why would you say check-in time 4:00 pm if no clean rooms are available yet? I was thinking we could be offered coffee, tea or suggested take a tour around the property when they will try to make sure room will be ready shortly. What do you think happened at 4:00 pm, yes a lot of people arrived and wanted to check-in.
Check-out time. Usually when I travel and staining at hotel at check-out time I get a question about how was my stay. Not in this hotel. Also when I mentioned that our bath tub wasn’t draining properly instead to say how sorry they are I was told that this issue will be addressed to maintenance department.
Beautiful place but needs improvement with customer services.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your rating of our resort and for your feedback, both are greatly appreciated. Please accept my apologies that the level of service you received fell well short of your expectations. It is feedback such as yours that enables our team to address issue with our product and service, I thank you. I hope at some point in the future you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you.

Regards

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We made reservations for one of the independent cottages. We loved the spacious accommodations and the privacy. It was nice to come in and the fireplace was already prepared by the staff for a fire; all you had to do is strike a match. The room was was very clean and the linens were so soft and luxurious. My only complaint was the choice of interior wall colors with the coordinating fabrics. They were extremely dark and it made the cottage look dreary.

This hotel is dog friendly.

I would give this hotel a A - rating and I would recommend staying here.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We stayed in the hotel in the summer in a heatwave so appreciated the extensive landscaped gardens. Room was not terrible big but well equipped if rather old fashioned with a good sized bathroom. An issue with the plumbing was speedily deal with by provision of a new room.
The hotel is charming with an old fashioned courteous air and very polite staff. Breakfasts are extensive with everything under the sun on offer and the evening meals are equally good. They have a very limited serving window in the evening and do not serve late into the evening. However Digby is a very short distance away with lots of good places to eat which stay open later.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
PRLB72, General Manager at Digby Pines Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018