“Great meal in a relaxed atmosphere”

Mic Mac Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 316 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a place where good portions of delicious food get served in a relaxed atmosphere. There are plenty of steak and seafood options. My steak was cooked exactly as ordered. They provide a guide in their menu describing the various degrees of "doneness" so you know what to expect when you ask for anything from rare to well-done.

I ordered pan-fried scallops and they were fresh and tasty. From what I observed at other tables, the Mic Mac appears to be a popular choice with lobster lovers as well.

The sides add to the ample meal and are prepared with the same attention as is given to the other elements of the meal.

We arrived at supper time and were seated promptly without a reservation. (I actually don't even know if they take reservations.) It is a large restaurant with lots of wooden tables and chairs. The servers were efficient and friendly and checked on us regularly for drinks and water refills.

I'm sure there are options on the menu for a nice light meal, but with such tempting steak and seafood, it's just as well to dig in!

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,134)

Reviewed 6 November 2018

this is my go to spot when people ask for a place to eat in dartmouth, food comes out fast and delicious, servers are great and knowledgeable of the menu, been there quite a few times in the past 6 months and no one at my table has had a complaint

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 18 October 2018

The location is a bit off but the way is worth for the food.
We trusted the rating here and selected this place even if the outside look doesn't looks so inviting on the 1st view.

But who cares ?

The service was kind, the food excellent. I loved the steak, my wife the burger. Canadian soulfood served with canadian kindness - works for us!
The radler (saisonal beer w/ a lemon twist) was a surprise, different to what we know in Germany but very good in taste. Well, canadians can also brew beer (just kidding), they can - I know that.
Fair priced vs the top notch steak places in Halifax.

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Wonderful service and amazing food as expected. Our drinks arrived before our server walked away from the table. We could not believe how busy it was for a Tuesday evening at 7pm. However due to great service we were in and out within an hour as I was hoping to make a yoga class. I had a wonderful meal and made it to class. The fish melts in your mouth and the croissants in my salad were yummy and crisp. Mic Mac has the best Cesar salad. Thanks again Mic Mac! Well done as always.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I had the Mic Mac Burger yesterday and it was fantastic. The restaurant itself was a little noisy but that is to be expected with such a busy place. My burger was A little messy but that’s how a burger should be. The service was efficient, the beer was cold and the portions were very large. All in all, it was a great lunch!