“Good food, bad service”

King of Donair
Ranked #190 of 281 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

So we got here and ordered, then after taking our money they said ummm, it will be like 20 minutes! Not cool, they should have started with it will be a bit of a wait. Also the staff are not the nicest, that is a huge thing for me! Especially since you are paying for something that you can get elsewhere.
The donair was bang on, just so good! It has to be the place to beat for donair. It was fresh and warm, we had the sauce on the side to add as we needed.
My wife was not a huge fan of them, but really liked theirs, however was not impressed with the money grab and then tell!

Reviewed 26 October 2016

The King makes donairs in the original way with fresh donair meat on a spit, cooked to perfection and served with lots of onions a tomatoes. Fast take out or delivery. You can't go wrong if you want a quick and easy lunch.

1  Thank Gordon I
Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

Don't eat them as often as I would like living in BC....best donair sub I have eaten in the past 10 years....and I was sober

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

I just left King of Donair on Windmill rd, I must say the service was absolutely terrible. My wife phoned in the order for me to pickup. They said about 25 mins. I arrived 25 min later and was told the pizza oven needed to be restarted and it would be 15 min longer. No issues, I continued to wait inside. The oven became ready approx 10 min later and 2 orders that were placed after mine were made first. So approx 45 min after my order was placed my pizza was made and placed on top of the oven. Noone decided to make the other 2 items on the order for 20 mins longer. One being a Donair that 3 more were made ahead of mine. Completely disorganized. A pretty girl did manage to come in and place and order and get it before they even started mine. After an hour and 15 mins and watching numerous orders being ready before mine, I decided I was done. I left, but not before seeing someone else ask for money back over pour service and items not being ready. My cold pizza and Donair made with onions after requesting it not be was ready when they called me another 20 minutes later. I get the oven problems and just a busy time, but not making numerous orders placed after mine and then making half before moving on. I will never oder from here again and will certainly tell my story to everyone I know.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Every few months my husband an I get a craving for the Halifax Specialty a Donair. This reminded us of the Donairs we ate late night in the 80's. Warm with lots of meat, little crusty bits( my favourite), lots of onions and tomatoes with extra sauce!
The young guy behind the counter explained they had a change in Management.
We enjoyed our Donairs so much we went back for Pizza tonight.