All reviewsdowntown halifaxcontinental breakfastfew minutes driveplace to stayguest laundryroom was cleana ground floor roomwafflesconvenient locationstayed here for nightshotel is locateddecent sizenova scotialots of selectionwi fiparking lotwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We got to the hotel at about 9:30 at night and the man at the front desk was kind and efficient. The beds were *very* comfy and the room was quiet as anything, even though there seemed to be a lot of workmen/ construction crews staying there. Breakfast was simple but plenty; cereal, yogurt, fruit, make your own waffles, toast, pastries. There was also a small warmer with ham, sausage and scrambled eggs. Overall, a good location and excellent value. One piece of advice: there is no elevator, so those with mobility issues or who need/prefer to use an elevator will want to request a room on the first floor!

Room Tip: Our room faced the rear parking lot and was very quiet. There is no elevator in the hotel and it is 2 stories.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Lovely spot. I have stayed here 3 or 4 times.

Great breakfast. Coffee and free papers. Super choice for breakfast. Left something behind and next time I arrived they had it waiting for me. Great Chinese restaurant across the street

Staff super friendly.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate you kind words, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Decent price, cheap compared to other places. The parking is free and there is also free continental breakfast and the staff was friendly. Decent size room, little bit of smell but nothing major. There Wi-Fi is horrible so don’t go if you absolutely need it. Decent place, nothing spectacular.

Room Tip: Ground Floor has option to open patio door to bring your stuff in, if you have a lot baggage
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. I am sorry you had problems with our WFIF, we did just update the system this summer. I hope you will consider staying with us again, the next time you are in Halifax.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

My stay there was average at best. On a high note the staff were friendly and my room was clean. On the down side the hotel is "tired" and in need of updating. The wi-fi signal was poor and the bed & pillows were too hard...I did not sleep well at all. The breakfast is included in the room rate and is not very good. The eggs look like some kind of imitation fried egg (kind of odd looking) and the sausage patties were terrible. Of course there are fresh waffles, toast, yogurt, fruit etc... but being a fan of eggs and breakfast meats I was disappointed.

This hotel will not be on my list to stay at again. The Comfort Inn in Bayers Lake is a much nicer hotel in my opinion.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience during your stay. I am happy that this experience has not reflected negatively towards other Choice Hotels.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

The staff are very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. They had a washer and dryer for guest use which came in handy as we had been on the road for a week. Great location. We wanted to visit Halifax the following day which was a Saturday so we drove a couple of minutes to the Ferry that takes you from Dartmouth across to Halifax (2.50 CDN), left our car in the parking lot and enjoyed walking around Halifax for the day.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.