“Hidden Gem in Dartmouth ”

Usta Turkish & Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 281 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

We've visited Usta twice and were very impressed. The service is friendly and attentive. The lentil soup was amazing and the appetizer platter contained a delicious array of Turkish specialties. Each of us ordered a kebab for our main. The mixed kebab was enormous with a tasty selection of two types of lamb, chicken and minced meat. All were perfectly seasoned and prepared. Brunch was wonderful and excellent value. The restaurant is tucked behind an Irish pub and not easy to find. Both times we visited it was very quiet but with food and service like this Usta won't remain a secret for long.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner at Usta last night on a recommendation, and we were not disappointed. It wasn't too busy for a Friday and we walked right in without a reservation. The food was all fresh , hot and full of flavour. We had a grilled goat cheese for an appie and it was fantastic, the pita was warm and tasty. The salads were next and very fresh. For the mains I had the shish kebob which was lamb cubes served on rice. My wife had marinaded chicken skewers on rice as well, all superb. Excellent portions so I had the same for lunch the next day. Service was very cordial and attentive, the chef came out to see how we were making out which was a nice touch.

If you live in Dartmouth, here is another excellent reason not to head over to Halifax for a very good restaurant. Excellent value and the food is really good. Try it out!

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

What a meal. The best Lamb stew I have ever had. This is truly 5 star restaurant. The place is very clean, all tables are along side windows. This is a restaurant in Dartmouth that will soon become the place to go on everyone's mind.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Visited with 12 friends and we all had a wonderful time. The food is excellent, good selection of wines and beer. I would highly recommend this restaurant and I look forward to going back. The staff are very attentive and knowledgeable!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We went to the restaurant during the week, and it was not completely full. We waited a fair amount of time to give our orders, due to the fact that there were two servers run off their feet. The food was so-so and it was not the best Turkish restaurant in Halifax - nor the worst. The prices were reasonable.