“Great food, drink and music”

The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 148 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Visit Cape Breton's Authentic Irish Pub! "Your Passport to the Irish Experience" - Open Daily at 11am - Full Lunch and Dinner Menu - Weekend Brunch - Weekend Late Night Menu - Rooftop Patio - Free Live Music - Locally Owed - Open Year Round
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I like to go to the Old Triangle when I'm in Sydney on business; roughly twice a month.

The food is always consistent and hot, I have tried most of the menu by now but really like the Pan Fried Haddock, Spinach Salad with Maple Vinaigrette, Shepherd's Pie and the twin sirloins, Steak and Steak.

They feature craft beer on tap by Big Spruce, a local organic producer--awesome and usually have live entertainment.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Ten members of my family recently met for Supper at The Old Triangle.It was my first experience there since it was changed over from Smooth Hermans.The locals of the area understand.....it's been a while.
The waitress who served us had a terrific memory and really hustled.She was so busy.We had some wings,fries,burgers etc.The Lemon pepper wings were great.We also had Some Draught which was icy cold.
To our surprise the fiddler Jason Mcdonald was there along with his band mate playing guitar.They were fantastic!The great thing about this was it wasn't even advertised.
I asked him for a business card and he gave me his cd.
All in all a great value!

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Atmosphere is great, great location, staff is hit and miss, food is just ok...pub style. Always lots of great local music, and location is right downtown

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped at the old triangle for dinner prior to attending the final Celtic colours performance. The restaurant was very busy as it is next-door to the venue. Although the staff was definitely working hard, they served us in a timely manner and the food was hot.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Great food, service and atmosphere. Have a drink and liten to the Wonderful music that will get your toes a tapping