All reviews games room air hockey room was clean breakfast bar pool and hot tub main floor free breakfast an older hotel hash browns nice breakfast king room housekeeping staff nice hotel enjoyed our stay coffee maker close to downtown would stay again
Reviewed 6 July 2018

We had a great stay! The pool and gym are huge and awesome! Staff are wonderful! This hotel has everything you could need to feel like a home away from home. Wifi, pool, hot tub, sauna, gym, breakfast, microwave, fridge, the list goes on!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gloria L, General Manager at Travelodge Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you for your rating and review of the Travelodge Sydney. I am so happy to see you enjoyed your stay here and it felt like your home away from home. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Sydney area.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed 3 July 2018

So, many of you may have seen my reviews on the Day's Inn in Sydney Cape Breton.

Well recently, the Day's Inn was changed to the Travelodge and it got a much needed facelift, and boy howdy did the hotel need a facelift badly.

So, I stayed here recently, for work and the lobby was redone and was now more open and brighter, the vending machines were taken out and moved to the pool activity center and in the lobby, you have a pantry with juice, pop, snacks etc.

That's a GREAT IDEA because they also have tv dinners for the use of Microwaves in the rooms.

plus with the new owners finally deciding what they want to use the restaurant for, it is good for people who may not want to go out or stay in for meals.

Speaking of, people may remember how each review of the Day's Inn Sydney had random hours for their restaurant and felt like they didn't know how to run the restaurant, Travelodge said "Breakfast bar" And kept it for that.

Yes I would like to see the restaurant used all day and into the evening, but at least these new owners have a vision and stuck with it, they didn't want to compete with the local food service places, and to be honest When this was the days inn, the food quality kept getting worse and worse and I could easily go down the street and get a better meal from a local place for a better quality and price.

The room's are very nice, and the bathrooms got new floors and new tiles and new fixtures.

The bed was very Comfy, and its in a good location.

The downside is, there's no elevator in the building, and I doubt there was a budget to put one in, the building is an older building and installing an elevator would have been expensive and would have caused the Hotel's prices to go up.

Breakfast is cooked and is not the full continental it was when it was the Day's Inn, they serve Eggs, Sausage, hash-browns buffet style and with a continental option as well.

this hotel is a good value, and is close to many amenities and the downtown, Not many trucks are on the road in Sydney between 11pm and 8 Am, so even on the front its still pretty quiet, Though I was in the back so I slept peacefully.

All in all, the change in ownership and rebranding was what the Day's Inn needed as I see new staff who were much friendlier and more helpful than the staff I dealt with when it was the Day's Inn.

Room Tip: Rooms in back are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Gloria L, General Manager at Travelodge Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Geoffrey,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We love to hear back from our guests and am happy you enjoyed your stay with us at the Travelodge. I hope we get the pleasure of seeing you again next time you are in the Sydney area.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Had a great stay there, we booked the suite as we were traveling for a week with a 6 month old and it was worth every penny! Staff are very friendly and helpful! Breakfast is really good! We didn't have time to enjoy the pool but it looked well kept. Rooms were clean, nice to have control of the temperature as well.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Lots of things for kids to do, but I was alone on this trip. I’d come back with my kids though. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Hot tub was exactly what I needed at the end of a very long day.
Great central location as well.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gloria L, General Manager at Travelodge Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Good day Lillicaa,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience. I am happy to see your kids had fun and I really hope to get to see you again next time you are in the Sydney ara.

Safe Travels!,

Gloria LeForte - GM

Reviewed 14 June 2018

No elevator was on 3rd floor no one offered to take my luggage.... internet didn’t work at all.... bed so old and uncomfortable.... room looked out to parking lot and lots of noise from trucks..... never again

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gloria L, General Manager at Travelodge Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Hi Kelly,

I am sorry you were unhappy with your stay with us. I have contacted our IT person to look into the internet issue you have reported. Thank you for letting us know, We appreciate your feedback.