See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2012

George and Cottage bed and breakfast was an amazing experience. I was lucky enough to stay in two rooms, both of which were very different but amazing. I couldn't have asked for better food, location and better hosts. They went above and beyond what I expected and always made sure I was safe as I was traveling solo. I would recommend George and Cottage to everyone in a heart beat.

Room Tip: Request the back corner room with the old soaker tub, so much fun.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Our room was one of the nicer ones during our 7 days of B&B's throughout N.S. and PEI. We had the upstairs back room overlooking the gorgeous back yard. My wife LOVED the old fashioned soaker tub. Room also had a very small quaint sitting room attached that overlooked the well presented yard and pond. Enjoyed a terrific dinner at Flavors, thanks to Bill's recommendation and the stay was topped off with a delicious breakfast and enjoyable chit chat with the other guests.
Rob & Bev Schiefele
Flin Flon, Manitoba

Room Tip: Would recommend the upstairs back room overlooking the well landscapped yard. Nice little sitting room and cool bathroom!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank smooker
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights for Celtic Colours. Carolyn gave us helpful suggestions from the time I called to make a reservation and upon our visit. It was our first time to the Island and to this event. She told me that it was a five hour drive from Halifax and that I should get tickets to the music events when they go on sale in July. When we were at the B&B, Bill & Carolyn gave us good suggestions for restaurants and excursions also. The breakfasts were delicious and the room was clean and quiet. It was a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We stayed at George and Cottage for just one night after getting off the ferry in North Sydney. We were delighted at the location, right next to a walking area with duck ponds, and a short distance to both downtown and the shopping mall. The rooms were very clean and we slept like babes in the cozy bed. The owners were very nice to talk to, easygoing, and helpful. Breakfast was top-notch as well. My only small critique is that we were told that check-in time was between four and six pm, which is a little later than the average, and after a long night of travel we didn't really enjoy having to wait to check in. But once we arrived, the experience was without disappointment, and we would most certainly stay here again, as well as recommend it highly to others.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2010

We stayed at George and Cottage for one night and enjoyed our stay. Our room was very clean and well laid out and even had a small sitting room that overlooked the back area. The bathrooom was very large with a old fashion tub but is was hard to shower without getting the floor wet (could be we weren't used to the hand held showers). I did feel the door way that leads to this room and bathroom needed a curtain or a door to give you privacy when using the bathroom. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful with tea/coffee/juice, fruit and hot entree. Our hosts were very friendly and helpful with suggestions and directions. They gave us some good tips and recommendations. This location is only a 10 minute walk to downtown which you go through a very nice park. We had a nice dinner at Flavours but the service was very poor and then walked along the waterfront to the area where the giant violin is.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple