“Disappointed ”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

In light of the reviews on trip advisor, I was disappointed with our experience at Gabrieau's Bistro! And to be honest, I was already cautioning myself from the outset! The food was ok, but certainly nothing to rave about, and definitely not fine dining! I left wishing I had trusted my instincts and have instead tried one of the local pubs. Surely, I would have been more satisfied and have spent much less!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

While I was visiting friends in Nova Scotia my friends recommended Gabrieau's Bistro in Antigonish and boy I was not disappointed. This is a french style restaurant and has delicious food as well as decadent desserts. A laid back atmosphere and very attentive waitresses this restaurant is very popular with locals and visitors alike. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the Antigonish area of Nova Scotia.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

On a 10 day, 35th wedding anniversary trip, this was my wife's favorite restaurant. Perfect food. Perfect decor and ambience. Everyone super-friendly (but that's true of Nova Scotia in general.) Just...perfect.

1  Thank PeacefulRoadWarrior
Reviewed 29 September 2017

We were so pleased to dine here in this small college town! A nice surprise! We had an excellent meal of Malbec oysters, baked salmon, lamb shank and our favorite red wine. We dined on white tableclothed tables in an intimate setting. It was delightful!

1  Thank Anna M
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Excellent dinner! My husband and I shared a crab cake appetizer, he had the halibut & lobster risotto; I had the halibut and we shared a creme brûlée. The food was lovely and beautifully presented. The service was friendly and efficient. We've done a lot of travelling and this restaurant could hold its head up anywhere.

1  Thank Lynda H