“Recommended by friends”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2017

While I was visiting friends in Nova Scotia my friends recommended Gabrieau's Bistro in Antigonish and boy I was not disappointed. This is a french style restaurant and has delicious food as well as decadent desserts. A laid back atmosphere and very attentive waitresses this restaurant is very popular with locals and visitors alike. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the Antigonish area of Nova Scotia.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 18 October 2017

On a 10 day, 35th wedding anniversary trip, this was my wife's favorite restaurant. Perfect food. Perfect decor and ambience. Everyone super-friendly (but that's true of Nova Scotia in general.) Just...perfect.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank PeacefulRoadWarrior
Reviewed 29 September 2017

We were so pleased to dine here in this small college town! A nice surprise! We had an excellent meal of Malbec oysters, baked salmon, lamb shank and our favorite red wine. We dined on white tableclothed tables in an intimate setting. It was delightful!

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Anna M
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Excellent dinner! My husband and I shared a crab cake appetizer, he had the halibut & lobster risotto; I had the halibut and we shared a creme brûlée. The food was lovely and beautifully presented. The service was friendly and efficient. We've done a lot of travelling and this restaurant could hold its head up anywhere.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Lynda H
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Came here for lunch. I had the California club and my husband had the sushi platter. My sandwich was just what I was looking for and I was happy that this was the type of place where my husband could get some sushi. You see, I don't like sushi very much, so we almost never go to a sushi restaurant, but when we sat down and saw an entire sushi menu, that seemed like a great sign. My husband loved his lunch. According to him, it was tasty, fresh, maybe cut a little thick, but he was on cloud nine.

Date of visit: August 2017