“Recommended by another Chef!”
Review of Gabrieau's Bistro

Gabrieau's Bistro
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Antigonish
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2017

We were so pleased to dine here in this small college town! A nice surprise! We had an excellent meal of Malbec oysters, baked salmon, lamb shank and our favorite red wine. We dined on white tableclothed tables in an intimate setting. It was delightful!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Excellent dinner! My husband and I shared a crab cake appetizer, he had the halibut & lobster risotto; I had the halibut and we shared a creme brûlée. The food was lovely and beautifully presented. The service was friendly and efficient. We've done a lot of travelling and this restaurant could hold its head up anywhere.

1  Thank Lynda H
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Came here for lunch. I had the California club and my husband had the sushi platter. My sandwich was just what I was looking for and I was happy that this was the type of place where my husband could get some sushi. You see, I don't like sushi very much, so we almost never go to a sushi restaurant, but when we sat down and saw an entire sushi menu, that seemed like a great sign. My husband loved his lunch. According to him, it was tasty, fresh, maybe cut a little thick, but he was on cloud nine.

1  Thank Tang126
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Our best lunch of the entire vacation! Gabrieau’s Bistro is the “Winner of Taste of Nova Scotia ~ Restaurant of the Year for Chef Inspired Fine Dining. Recommended by Where to Eat in Canada ~ Star Rating 14 consecutive years and winners of the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator Magazine from 2008-2013. Gabrieaus is the perfect marriage of wine and food!”
I enjoyed an herb-encrusted biscuit and a divine carrot and squash bisque soup. Next, I devoured a seafood croissant filled with bits of lobster, scallops, sweet shrimp, sliced cucumber, and lettuce. How good was the seafood croissant you ask? My eyes rolled back and I moaned.

1  Thank Joni M F
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Mark Gabrieau's restaurant was an accidental discovery on a trip 10 years ago. We go back whenever we can to enjoy his creations. The staff is friendly and professional and the food is outstanding.

2  Thank brucepjcampbell1