“Feel like it was highly recommended because of so few alternatives in town.”

Charlotte Lane Cafe & Crafts
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Shelburne
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Charlotte Lane Cafe & Gift Shop.Best Small Restaurant in Nova Scotia Award from RANS 2013, Best Restaurant Chef Inspired Casual Dining by Taste of NS 2011, Best Restaurant outside of HRM by Chronical Herald. Follow the fabulous aromas down our quaint little lane in the historic district of Shelburne, Nova Scotia, step inside our heritage building and enjoy the warm hospitality and fine dining. Our restaurant offers innovative dishes and fine wines presented with attentive service in a cheerful setting. Since opening in 1995 we have attracted loyal and appreciative clients from near and far, and we invite you to join this happy circle.
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Not at all accessible. Menu had too few cream/dairy free choices.
Service was terrific. My dairy free, shellfish free entree was tasty but that's all. However there was ample in the serving. Excellent coffee.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

About the best restaurant between Shelburne and Yarmouth N.S. This time I had the eggs Benedict and it was very good with eggs cooked perfectly and Hollandaise sauce homemade and very tasteful with a hint of lemon.

1  Thank ekuhar
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

My mother and I had lunch here. We had a lovely spot out on the patio that was unfortunately ruined by the numerous wasps buzzing around our table. A table was seated about 5 minutes after us but the waitress took their drink and appetizer order before she even glanced our way. We ordered mussels and the fish sampler plate. The mussels were undeniably bland, the broth had no flavour unless you scooped up some of the floating bits of garlic. Many of the mussels were dead and slimy and inedible. The fish plate was exactly that. A plate of fish. No crackers, no capers, no red onion, no sour cream, no cream cheese. Nothing that traditionally goes with any of the fish selected for the plate. There was a chipotle mayo that was so hot and over powering that you then couldn't taste the flavour of the fish. All in all I was very disappointed. I would have informed my server but after she dropped off the food we never saw her again. I hope tourists don't use this place as an example of what NS fish is supposed to be like.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a late lunch at Charlottes Lane in Shelburne, Nova Scotia. It's such a charming small restaurant and gift shop that it's hard to resist buying locally made trinkets and dining. I have to say that I was a little disappointed in the selection of menu/brunch specials - it seemed a smaller choice of sandwiches and salads than I remembered from the last time I visited two years ago. The soup of the day, curried tomato, was delicious but the Montreal smoked meat sandwich dressing was overly/extremely spicy. I loved the dessert of sticky toffee pudding which I rarely see on menus. It was delicious! The presentation of the food is artfully done and the service is very good. Prices are moderately expensive. Lunch for 4 with beverages, dessert and tip amounted to $130 Canadian.
I never miss an opportunity to dine there when visiting the Maritimes.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We've been going to Charlotte Lane for over 20 years on a regular basis. Every meal has been memorable. The staff are great and the meals are superb no matter which one you go for. All freshly cooked for you. Highly recommended. For an evening meal please reserve well in advance so you're not disappointed.

1  Thank Bob D