“Could do much better ...”
Review of The Sea Dog

The Sea Dog
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Shelburne
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 March 2018

This restaurant should have been great. The location is wonderful being right on the dock front. However, the service was slow, and the food was just dull and tired. This place deserves much better, and there are better restaurants in the area. Knowing Shelburne as we do now, we would avoid unless there was no other choice.

1  Thank dave_b15

Reviewed 29 January 2018

The restaurant decorations are very tacky, totally random and dusty. Took us a while to get menus and have our order taken. We seemed to be an inconvenience to the waitress. Two of us shared two different meals so we could try some different things on the menu. We choose Shrimp & Scallop Dinner and Fish Cakes. The fish cake was the size of the plate and 99% mashed potatoes - very disappointed. The Shrimp were small as well as the scallops and little to no flavor. again, disappointed.

At the end, I went up to pay and waited 5 minutes. The waitress was in the kitchen and totally was ignoring me. I had to go behind the bar and stick my head into the kitchen to get her attention. Sorry no tip for you!

2  Thank Winfield06
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Nice nautical place with lots of nooks and granies to enjoy lunch. A beautiful outside deck, in warmer times with a great view of the Harbour. Service was good with very pleasant local people serving good food including local fresh clams. I was also interested in their accommodations upstairs. I didn't stay but they took me up to view the rooms. Which were fabulous. I will do a report on this next! It's called the "Inner Harbour Inn

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We stopped in Shelburne to walk through the huge Arts and Crafts Fair going on in the Park. There was a fairly large crowd an we elected to eat at the Sea Dog Saloon rather than at the vendor's booths. We were seated on the outside deck along the harbor and the view was good. We had plenty of time to enjoy it as service was slow. When we finally got to order we learned they had run out of that several menu items like chowder (at 1 pm?) so ended up with a shrimp/scallop wrap and Poutine. Both were OK but nothing to write home about. They must have missed the news about the Craft Fair. The best part of the meal was the local Boxing Rock Temptation Red Beer.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Was not sure what to order when looking at the menu, then the server advised me to try the fish. Told her i didnt like a lot of batter and she said could be done. Excellent choice loved it!!!