“Great food, great service”

No photo provided
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Located in downtown Yellowknife, The Cellar Bar & Grill is a cozy basement bar featuring live entertainment weekly, and offering a contemporary bar menu with seafood, steaks, burgers and more...
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

I found this by accident and decided to venture in on a Wednesday. They have wingless Wednesdays where they serve you up a half rack of delicious ribs for $4! I had wings previously at another place otherwise I would of had 2 servings, they were that good.

I had my return stop on the way home and my family had recommended another place but it was closed. I ended up going back to the Cellar and am happy I did! I have a wheat allergy and they have an amazing gf selection. I sat at the bar and the bartender was very attentive and would switch the channels between playoff games. A man of few words, (nice after a long travel day) he ensured my glass was full. If I ever go back to Yellowknife this will be my 1st choice.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Loved it here. Great food, fast service and caters for all dietary requirements.
We were travelling from overseas and visited a few times as the food was just that good :)

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

The Cellar is by far one of the most consistent restaurants in the city of Yellowknife. It is typical American fair served in many restaurants across the country. However the staff really care about the patrons and the quality of the food served. My wife and I go at least once a week for lunch and believe that the value of the meal is great bang for the buck.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

As a the group of 10 visited Yellowknife for business, weve been very nicely accommodated by Cellar.... Number of very good choices for sandwiches, wraps and beer completed the experience. Recommended

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

You would never guess that down the stairs of an unremarkable doorway would be a large caverness room with a band setup and a good kitchen. Good fries and sandwiches.