“Last night”

Thornton's Wine & Tapas Room
Ranked #7 of 81 Restaurants in Yellowknife
Price range: US$1 - US$29
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Wedged discreetly between a bowling alley and a shooting range is Yellowknife’s hidden gem. A great wine selection, beer, cocktails, paired with Yellowknife's finest cuisine makes for an unexpected night out. An early bird? Join us on Sunday's for a bottomless brunch like no other. Call 867-669-WINE (9463) to reserve. Reservation are highly recommended. Cheers!
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

On our last night in Yellowknife we decided to go to Thornton's on a recommendation from one of our tour guides. Upon reading the reviews we wanted to try the Artic Char. My friend and I both tried it in different versions. Also had the Bison dumplings. Everything was very delicious!! For a Friday night the place was slow which worked in our favour. Nice way to end our time in Yellowknife.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The temperature of February in Yellowknife is challenging, especially when you are there for a family trip with one aged 70 and two aged 60 family members!
It is even more challenging to satisfy elder family members’ stomach! This time I took my family to Yellowknife on an Aurora hunting trip. Everybody in my family agreed the best meal they had had in this trip happened in this restaurant and the staff have been welcoming and sweet. Very wonderful experience!

1  Thank Jack L
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Great place, great vibe, and decent food. They offer unlimited refills on a variety of eggs (Bennys, Omeletes, Over-easy, etc.), and pancakes, french toast, etc. Overall a decent brunch location.

1  Thank William C
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Have lived in Yellowknife for just over 2 years and finally made it to Thornton's brunch. Wow, just disappointed I haven't gone sooner. The food is delicious and there is an abundance of it. The brioche French toast stuffed with mixed fruit was amazing. The eggs Benedict was the best hollandaise we've tasted in a long time, and served on a piece of French bread instead of an English muffin. The honey ham is a real ham cut right off the bone and trimmed. Fantastic. The restaurant has a great atmosphere. Will not be waiting so long to go back again.

1  Thank JLCCC1970
Reviewed 26 April 2017

First time in Yellowknife and based on past reviews this was on my go to list and it did not disappoint.
Don’t let the Tapas in the title fool you this is a dinner place full on. I had the Elk braised short ribs as they say when in Rome….Taste like beef LOL, The polenta that was service with it was perfect. My husband had the arctic char we thought we would switch half way but neither of us wanted to give up our plates. Dessert and app’s rounded out this mean with the same flavor and attention to detail. I would and will go back on my next visit this summer. Can’t wait to see what they have in store for summer selection.

2  Thank Jelena G