“Worst Food Ever!!!!”

Peaceful Loft
Ranked #1 of 435 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Taiwanese
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

The owners are the nicest people you’d ever meet, but the food is incredibly bad and flavourless. If you love the taste of canola oil, and nothing else... then this is the place for you. I love plant based foods, and this place was my biggest food disappointment in St. John’s.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Such a lovely lunch we went back again the day we were leaving St John’s. Very cute low key little cafe but the owner is a real treat and his food is as wonderful as his knowledge of Asian cuisines. A definite yes if we are back to the area

2  Thank Companion812459
Reviewed 12 September 2018

This is a very small restaurant of about 5-6 tables so a reservation is recommended for dinner. We tried to eat here a few times without a reservation but every time we were turned away. It is a popular spot for vegans/vegetarians, for which I am neither. I ordered the Cashew Chicken. While I enjoyed the rice and vegetable stirfry, I did not enjoy the chicken balls. Everyone else raved about their meal because they were vegans! The servings were plentiful and the food was very fresh. The owner and his wife make and serve everything. They are very friendly and attentive to their customers.

1  Thank Seagoat96
Reviewed 3 September 2018

At the time we went, this restaurant was the highest rated on Trip Advisor in St. John's. It is very quirky and the owners behavior would be considered rude in many places - but the food wasn't very good. It actually ranged from average to poor. I recommend looking elsewhere - unless you up for a very quirky dining experience.

2  Thank QuodErat
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I found this place today by recommendation from our cab driver after telling him we were vegan.
Could not have been more impressed !
Food was delicious and the owner is kind and caring attentive and accommodating for your dietary needs and preference.

Wonderful place. Highly recommend

PS: get the buns made with sweet potato - omg so good !

2  Thank melanieb271