“Good fish and chips”

Fabulous Foods
Ranked #70 of 439 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Nothing fancy here, good old world fish and chips. Was a bit slow on the prep, but good service and fair price. I think Duke of duck worth is still a better option, but these guys are just fine in a pinch.

Date of visit: October 2015

Reviewed 5 October 2015

If you're looking for a traditional Newfoundland chip shop, this is it. Fish and chips, FDG, chicken and chips, classic baked goods, this place has it all. My personal favourite: the Hot Turkey Deluxe - fresh turkey between two slices of bread with a side of fries, green peas and the best dressing in town, all smothered in gravy...my mouth's watering now just thinking about it. They also have a variety of home made pies, cookies, flakies and more, along with the best cold plate fixings going.

Seriously, go try this place, you really won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2015
2  Thank Elizabeth F
Reviewed 29 September 2015

Never have I had a bad experience at this place. PLEASE remember to park appropriately in the area. ( school zone )
Just writing this I'm drooling over the memories.
The prices are very fair with very generous portions, staff great, but no place to eat ( so take out it is )

Date of visit: March 2015
1  Thank elicur
Reviewed 12 September 2015

I'm not sure how much credibility I'd put in to this review, because I am about as biased about this place as one could possible be. After all, I grew up eating here. I remember as a kid, my mom would take me out of school for lunch so we could grab a hot turkey deluxe and eat it together in the car before heading back to elementary, In high school, I would walk my butt over there and enjoy the consistently tastey food. And now, as an adult living away from Newfoundland, this is the FIRST stop I make when I get back home for a visit.

This place is amazing. Great service. Astounding value. And a taste that will have you coming back for more... years and years later.

A phenomenal place for lunch or dinner.

Insider hint: this is primarily a take-out.

Date of visit: January 2015
1  Thank Peyts69
Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

the turkey rolls and Turkey pies here are one of a kind,a landmark St.john's takeout also have many delicious baked good !creame puffs raisin squares all amazing fresh and made daily.....Tip try the chips delux with a turkey roll can't go wrong!!!!

Date of visit: September 2015