“Interesting!”

Chinched Bistro
Ranked #16 of 391 Restaurants in St. John's
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Chinched offers a creative dining experience with a focus on hand crafted gourmet food prepared with traditional preservation techniques, sustainable methods and whole animal butchery. Attention to detail, casual atmosphere, thoughtful wine and drink lists and creative menu offerings are prepared and executed by a very dedicated team at Chinched.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I had not been at the old location but my spouse was and kept raving about it. I really appreciated the range of beers on tap. The bartender was extremely knowledgeable. I also noticed that they had Teelings Irish Whiskey. I had toured this distillery while in Dublin. I strongly recommend to all whiskey lovers. The food was certainly different and original. Not really my type of food, but it was good and I appreciated the care placed into my dish.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I visited here on a Friday night for happy hour. They had a number of small plates and oysters on special. We ordered three small plates to share. The cauliflower was delicious! The service was perfect. Things that keep this from being a five star review: the food too what seemed an unreasonably long time to come out. I also thought the cocktail list leaves a little bit to be desired—I think they could go a little bit closer to old classics to have more impressive cocktails.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

The charcuterie was fabulous We devoured it. My partner chose the ribs and pork plates and was very pleased. I chose the cauliflower and mushrooms on toast. Both were delicious. Loved the atmosphere. Be prepared to pay $$$

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Our visit to St. John's coincided with the local excitement of a visit from the celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain. Rumour was spreading that he dined here. Whether he did or not, it seemed great fun to think he might have. This was definitely our all around finest meal for the week's visit. Everything from start to finish was excellent and unique. Having watched a video at The Rooms on chanterelles in Newfoundland it was a treat to have the mushrooms on toast and they were sooooo good! It is a noisy environment though.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

My wife and I had dinner at Chinched while visiting St. John's. My wife had the Pig Ear Fries which we both found too spicey and the Hand Cut Spaghetti which she enjoyed. I had the locally grown greens and the mushrooms on toast, both of which were well prepared and flavourful. For desert, both had the Pavlova which was exceptional. The restaurant is very rustic with little warmth or charm and the service, while pleasant, was fairly slow, in part I suspect because the food is prepared on the lower floor of the two story establishment.

1  Thank torontotraveller939