All reviews front desk added touch kenmount road great hotel pool and water slide modern hotel flat screen rooms were very clean king suite highly recommend this hotel every morning mini fridge lots of parking free parking downtown area st keurig
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Booked two rooms as I was travelling with my mom and 2 sisters. Requested joining rooms, near an elevator as my mom is 90 and mobility is limited. We were unable to secure joined rooms but we were near the elevator and across the hall from each other. My mother's room was specifically designed for persons with disabilities. It was quite big with large bathroom well equipped for persons with physical limitations such as tub chair and lowered vanity. The hotel attendants were friendly and super helpful. Rooms were clean with nice bedding. No thin or small towels here!! Requested bathrobes which were supplied. Nice breakfast which is included in cost of room. Coffee in the breakfast isn't very good. Too weak. Probably my only complaint about this hotel. The room coffee was much better. Overall, very pleasant staff. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Ann Marie R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Hi Cathy B,
Thank you for your 4-star review. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us last week. Its great to see that we were able to accommodate your mom is a spacious accessible room. Those rooms are lovely with lots of room in both the bedroom and the bathroom. We don't have any combination of rooms with two queen beds that connect, but it's great that you were close together and just across the hall. Thank you also for your recommendation, it is really appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

The location is great for the shopping district. A bit of a run to get downtown but not terrible. The pool is fantastic for the kids. The security of the building is good. You need your room card to open doors and activate the elevator so that's an added touch of security as well there is a safe in your room if need be. The beds were pretty comfortable and they were accomadting for my children, 5, 2, and 4 months, and I promptly providing us with a pack and play. The only down fall was the cleanliness of our room. It was by no means rotten but I've stayed in cleaner locations. Some wrappers were left behind from other guest and there was gum in our garbage can that looked like it had been there a while. Also something I found odd was the absence of garbage bags. Overall it was a good hotel but for the price i'd probably stay elsewhere next time I'm in town, closer to the downtown district.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Good morning ThrstyTravler,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your children enjoyed the pool. I am disappointed to hear that your room did not meet with your expectations, I will be sure to address that with our housekeeping team as this is not the standard we strive to achieve. Thank you for your feedback and I do hope that we get another opportunity to see you on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We chose to stay outside of the downtown area. This hotel was clean, great free breakfast, close to great restaurants, 10 mins from downtown, great fitness centre and pool. But the best was just outstanding service. When we return we cancelled our over priced reservation at Jag to stay at this Marriott!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor was perfect. We faced the Main Street/corner. Quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Ann Marie R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Hello wayne0012016,

Wow! What a wonderful review. Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel and especially our team members. We are so proud of the work they do each and every day. They work very hard and are really going to appreciate hearing your comments. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again on your next trip to St. John's.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Hotel is well maintained and my room was one of the nicest rooms I have stayed it. Very up to date.

Microwave, fridge, Keurig...all the things that are nice to have.

Front desk was great. Very helpful.

Breakfast is included...and is actually good. Lots of choices...hot choices. Definitely an added bonus.

Only issue...no water bottle in room. Had to buy one. Small issue.

Lots of parking.

No downtown but only took 10 minutes or so away.
Food choices close by and the mall if your into that.

Would stay again, for sure.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank P R
Ann Marie R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Good morning P R,
Thank you so much for your 5 star review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your recommendation is really appreciated and I will be sure to share your comments with our team. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to St. John's.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 2 days in September. Everyone from the front desk to maintenance were happy and helpful. The hotel was very clean. To be honest it maybe because I saw mostly supervisors cleaning, perhaps there were not many regular house keepers.
The swimming pool area was very nice. If you have a family your children will love the slide. If you are going to St Johns. Stay here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Camden426
Ann Marie R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Good morning Camden426,

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, we truly appreciate your comments and feedback. We have a full team of wonderful housekeepers cleaning our rooms and sometimes the supervisor and manager jump in to assist when needed. The housekeeping team do a great job keeping our hotel in tip top shape. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again on your return trip to St. John's