I was in St. John's for about a week, visiting with relatives and sight seeing. The hotel is a bit off the beaten path for my liking. Would've been much better to have had a car rental, as this location is a bit far from any attractions, and there's no concierge or shuttle services to things. So, if you're not renting a car, you'll have to taxi it or take the bus, which can take up to 1 hour to get to downtown by bus (which is 15 mins away).
Other than that, I did notice the hotel itself was very quiet, which was really great for us, as we tend to be light sleepers. Beds weren't as comfortable as other Marriott's I've stayed in, and could probably use a rotation, as they were lopsided from people sleeping on one side. Breakfast was decent, lots of selection. A nice start to the day when you don't have to go out and your groggy in the morning. The eggs aren't fresh though, they're the powdered kind. It was also nice to have a light snack provided around 5:00 p.m. when your kids are getting hungry. They put out a plate of cookies and have hot water for tea and coffee. And fresh water with lemons is always available.
Something unusual I did notice was that housekeeping starts really early (before 8 a.m.), and when you get up in the morning and you're leaving your room, they'll ask you when they can clean your room which I found odd. They also left behind a few cleaning cloths after being in the room. So, attention to detail would be something they could improve on.
I would recommend this hotel to other people however, just the distance was a bit much for us without a car. Staff were always helpful and friendly whenever we needed something. We did not use the pool at all, just for lack of time, so I can't comment on that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland, gives you confidence that your business or leisure trip will be a success because we consistently deliver a hotel experience that's just right. Ideally located between the St. John's Airport and the downtown core, close to business parks, the University, and the province's largest shopping mall, we provide you with just what you need, so travel is easy and productive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travellers Inn St. John`s Hotel St. John`s
- Travellers Hotel St Johns
- Travellers St Johns
- Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland Canada