“Good price, some items unexpected”

Jackie Zhou's Restaurant
Ranked #167 of 431 Restaurants in St. John's
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Very confused that the chow mein contains no noodles whatsoever. Some of the menu leaves me scratching my head and wondering what I will get, like a vegetable-heavy curry dish, but overall the food is decent, average Canadian Chinese fare with generous portions for a good price.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

As written in my previous review, a great place for Chinese food in St. John's. Food is hot and fresh. They may soon be needing a second waitress as the place is getting busy.
Good food
Good service
Excellent value

Reviewed 4 August 2017

What I like: The high quality - just fantastic quality. The texture and flavour of the Chicken Soo Guy is incredible. The portion size of the combos is substantial - but without being wasteful. I do find it tough to finish some of the special platters, due to the amount of food, but I'm not complaining! The food is served very hot, and very fresh, and always arrives to the table quickly. (Maybe 8 minutes maximum)
I'm pleased that the operators have kept an a-la-carte menu - this will ensure that they can be sustainable long term, since we all know what happens if a buffet is added - once the pigs get to the trough, the quality goes downhill in order to cut costs.
What I don't like: The ambiance. The place seems a bit too big, I prefer a more cozy environment...but.. the fact that I can get the best Chinese Food on the Island means that I don't really care so much about my surroundings.

3  Thank canadaflyer
Reviewed 23 July 2017

The was generally a pleasant experience the food was fresh which is a major issue at some Chinese restaurants and in general was tasty but we only had a small sampling of what I would consider westernized Chinese food. Will try and get back with a group to try more of the menu. Service was efficient and the decor seems to be the same as the last tenant, so not typical of most Chinese restaurants but pleasant just the same. Will definitely try again.

3  Thank NLtrout
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Dropped in to try this little gem out. With no reviews or recommendations, I knew there was a risk. Ordered a meal for one. I forget the meal number, but it had soo guy and chicken balls. Soo guy is by far the best I've ever eaten. Also had an order of honey garlic ribs.
Very clean premises.
Excellent food
Excellent service
And great value for the money.
Will be my go to place when I'm feeling Chinese food.

3  Thank Peter C