“Date day with the husband 😊”
Review of Fionn Maccool's

Fionn Maccool's
Reserve with OpenTable
Fionn Maccool's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 439 Restaurants in St. John's
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This was our first time visiting Fionn. What a great experience we had!

Our server was George who was from England. Smiling as he chatted with us. He explained the menu as we had said it was our first visit.
Taking the time to go over what the specials were and the top sellers were.

We ordered drinks, appetizers and our meal. Took a bit of time to figure out what we wanted as We wanted to see everything on the menu. Awesome choices. While we were chatting, the owner Grant drops by our table who introduced himself. Sweet man and it was really nice to see the owner come over and speak to us, Asking how things were. Great job!
The food was fabulous... from our apps to the main meal. My Fish and Chips was delicious, and my hubbies Guinness steak and mushroom pie with a side of mash potatoes and gravy was deadly!!! OMG!!
I know what I'm getting next trip.

You gotta try it!!

See you all soon :-)

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 12 October 2017

The restaurant hasn't been open for more than a year here. We reserved space for 20, and 14 of us showed up. They accommodated us at two tables, which was necessary due to the way seating is laid out. The interior was very nice with some nice pub touches. The sign to the bathrooms said "Water Closet". The bathroom was VERY nice inside. They probably should have had more servers working such a large group, but that wasn't her fault. She forgot a couple of things and had to be reminded, but as I said, it was a large group, and we weren't her only table. I had the Butter Chicken Boxty for the first time, and it was delicious! One of my friends had the Sheppard's Pie and thought it was too salty. There were televisions EVERYWHERE which was rather distracting, but it's the pub atmosphere so there you go. I certainly enjoyed my visit and would go back again. There are many dishes I would like to try on the menu.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

This was our first time visiting this restaurant and the experience was very positive. The service was very good and the meal was tasty! Arriving at 5:30 (supper time), we thought things might get a little busy however the server did a great job of attending to our drink order and then following up with answering our inquiries regarding the various menu items! My wife head the fish and chips and I had the chicken pot pie with a Caesar salad. Both meals were cooked to perfections and serve hot!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We did not have a reservation and showed up on a Friday at 5:30. We were accommodated at a pub table which wasn't very comfortable especially for my 90 year old mother. However, we didn't have a reservation so we could not complain. Everyone was happy with their meal. We had a 6 year old with us and he was happy with the kids menu choices. Our order was taken in a timely manner. Wait time for the meal was reasonable. Don't recall how long exactly, maybe 40 minutes.
The restaurant was full so the place was quite noisy which would be my only complaint. It wasn't easy to carry on a conversation.
We were especially impressed that the owner circulated the restaurant and checked with guests to see how their meals were.
Overall, good experience. Would return and recommend. Just beware that this is a noisy place.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Very fun atmosphere. The food was served hot and the service was fabulous. Try the apple crumble. Delicious!