Review Highlights
Geologic Hidden Germs in Newfoundland's west coast...

The Corner Brook Cave is known Geologic feature of Newfoundland's west coast but it is definitely... read more

Reviewed 13 September 2018
AKO2013
Toronto, Canada
A Great Way to Start My Newfoundland Adventures

This was the first thing I did when I got to Newfoundland, and I'm so happy I did it! It was a... read more

Reviewed 11 August 2018
JennyMima
Ashern, Canada

All reviews cave system private tour unique experience adventure guide crawling parts west stream
Reviewed 16 August 2016

This was my first time in a cave. Really neat experience, I'd recommend it. I took a guided tour with Cycle Solutions (a bit expensive for a solo traveler, but the price gets more reasonable if you have more people wanting to go) which included a mountain bike ride up a really fun, but challenging trail (for me, maybe easier or more difficult for others, depending on your trail riding experience) and then the tour through the cave itself. While I think anybody could get to the caves without a guide, I don't think I'd go through without someone who knows the caves. It's pitch black in most places and very, very tight in some spots. I wouldn't have believed we were going through such small spaces until we actually did it. Was really fun, I'd totally recommend it as an interesting experience!

Date of experience: July 2016
2  Thank Lori A
Reviewed 31 July 2016

The caves tour is a wonderful experience. While making your way inside is a little cramped, the cavern inside is spectacular. Equipment and guides provided. Children and adult tours are available.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

A must if your travels take you through Corner Brook and you enjoy adventurous things. Definitely do not try it without a guide though. We went with Tim from Cycle Solutions and had a great time. Enjoyable for all ages - my 8 year old son had a great time.

Date of experience: July 2016
4  Thank skarmo
Reviewed 15 July 2016

My wife and i did this tour about 5 years ago. It sounded exciting, so we booked it and showed up expecting to walk around some caves. We were wearing shorts which was not a good choice. Make sure you wear pants, as you will be crawling through small crevices and crossing streams. We ended our tour about an hour early when we got to the worm hole (I think it was called) and you had to pull yourself through using your toes and fingers. I did enjoy some of the more open areas, but it was just to enclosed and tight for my wife and I to enjoy.

Date of experience: August 2015
2  Thank digger2016
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Wow. We booked our tour with Marble Inn and our guide was Greg Pike from Steady Brook. I'm glad Greg didn't tell us too much about the tour before we began because it was such a surprise. This is a one of those golden nuggets you tend to come across every four or five vacations and when you've completed it you really can't believe more people don't know about it. This was amazing. If you are in the Corner Brook area you must visit the caves. Our youngest is six at the time of the visit and he loved the experience. Better than any theme park IMO.

Date of experience: June 2016