“This will challange your fear of enclosed spaces”
Review of Corner Brook Caves

Corner Brook Caves
Reviewed 15 July 2016

My wife and i did this tour about 5 years ago. It sounded exciting, so we booked it and showed up expecting to walk around some caves. We were wearing shorts which was not a good choice. Make sure you wear pants, as you will be crawling through small crevices and crossing streams. We ended our tour about an hour early when we got to the worm hole (I think it was called) and you had to pull yourself through using your toes and fingers. I did enjoy some of the more open areas, but it was just to enclosed and tight for my wife and I to enjoy.

2  Thank digger2016
in 2 reviews
"stream"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Wow. We booked our tour with Marble Inn and our guide was Greg Pike from Steady Brook. I'm glad Greg didn't tell us too much about the tour before we began because it was such a surprise. This is a one of those golden nuggets you tend to come across every four or five vacations and when you've completed it you really can't believe more people don't know about it. This was amazing. If you are in the Corner Brook area you must visit the caves. Our youngest is six at the time of the visit and he loved the experience. Better than any theme park IMO.

3  Thank Spintop1234
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Our adventure in the caves was only equaled by climbing Gros Morne mountain. We packed our caving helmets (lights are required) with the intent of exploring the caves. Finding it was a little challenging. The entrance is directly off of the TCH West (Trans Canada Highway) a little way past Confederation Dr. Look for yellow Hydro gates and a dirt road off to the right. Park outside the orange gates. The cave entrances are down the road to the right. The first entrance called 'the wet entrance' is not far off the road. The second 'tight squeeze' and third 'upright' was through a path in the woods, off to the right of the pipeline. Don't confuse a large opening that narrows sharply with water rushing as the second entrance. The path is a little farther along and it heads off into the woods, not down into a gully. The upright entrance gives you the best opportunity to explore. However, when we were there, you couldn't explore too far without getting wet. The level of water changes, so prepare. I know guides are recommended for those who are unfamiliar with these caves. I can understand this. Some areas are difficult, and you need to take note of landmarks if exploring alone. Be safe and enjoy!

2  Thank Nyssa C
Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Okay, description is a bit dramatic - Tim was an excellent guide explaining how the caves formed and took me into the caves along the Corner Brook stream. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Charity B