“Shez West, not Chez”
Review of Chez West

Chez West
Ranked #9 of 83 Restaurants in Corner Brook
Reviewed 28 August 2018

People recommended this restaurant to me, but warned that it was expensive. I found the service to be warm, the food absolute dee-licious!!! and the prices extremely reasonable! Wish we had seafood like this back home. If I ever get back to Corner Brook, this is the restaurant I'd eat at. Yum! Note to Southerners (from the US): they make REAL iced tea! That's rare to find in Canada.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We took a chance and went to this restaurant a year ago as we could not find a web site but they did have a face book page but no menu. We were pleasantly surprised. It was delicious. I had the pan fried cod with fries. Cooked perfectly and plenty to eat. My husband had the Striploin steak. It was cooked exactly the way he liked it. It is a small restaurant but tastefully decorated. It was a warm night as the air conditioning was not working and they only had a couple of fans. But we managed to have a great time. I would highly recommend them over the Wine Cellar in Glynmill Inn and Sorrento Pizza.

1  Thank Julie F
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

This chef knows how to cook seafood and the service is terrific!
Some of the best pan fried cod that we have had anywhere. Exceptional value. Try this one if you can get a reservation.

1  Thank jameswolfe1
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

We went out for an early birthday dinner. The waitress was very friendly. Even though she was very busy with two full tables, she took the time to make sure we had everything we needed. My husband had the special, lemon pepper fish, and I had the almond crusted salmon. Both were cooked to perfection. We topped it all off with some turtle cheesecake.
We had a great meal for a reasonable cost. We'll be back!

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

My partner wanted to treat me to a date to help celebrate my birthday. He called 3 weeks in advance to ensure we got a reservation in our favourite spot. We asked what was the latest we could book a reservation and they said 8:30. We were told the kitchen closed at 9 but we could stay as long as we wanted. Upon our early arrival at 8:15 we were greeted rather poorly when the waitress said "you know we close at 9?". We were seated and mutually decided we were not welcome. We expressed to our waitress how we felt unwelcome and she said "oh we didn't mean to come across that way. We both just try to leave at 9". After sitting for a few moments, we thought we would do us all a favour; by taking our business elsewhere.