“Lovely murals on 1 side of room .”
Review of The Carriage Room

The Carriage Room
Ranked #13 of 83 Restaurants in Corner Brook
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Food was OK and service was good. Should have ordered the steak as the fish was a bit over cooked. Pasta not up to par.

Cory A, Marketing Manager at The Carriage Room, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. We certainly appreciate all the feedback we receive both good and bad. Very sorry to hear that your meal did not meet your expectations. Hopefully you will consider dining with us again and we will have another opportunity to provide you with a superior meal.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Visiting in Western Newfoundland and we went to this delightful restaurant inside the Glynmill Inn. We ordered breakfast for six and all had amazing tasty breakfast. Our waiter, Daniel, was attentive and helpful. Grade A+ service. And to top it off, the price was surprisingly inexpensive. If you are in Corner Brook go to the Carriage House for great food and great service in beautiful surroundings.

2  Thank Lawrence J
Cory A, Marketing Manager at The Carriage Room, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you so much for such a lovely testimonial. We certainly appreciate! So glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Carriage Room and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Friendly staff serving delicious home cooked meals situated in a beautifully appointed fine dining room

Cory A, Marketing Manager at The Carriage Room, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you, Elaine, for taking the time to leave us a review. So glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and your meal at the Carriage Room. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I was vacationing in Corner Brook and my father had mentioned this restaurant in a recent conversation. I thought it would be a great place to take my family (hosts) out for a thank you dinner.
The entire menu was over priced and anything you wanted extra (gravy on the potatoes) was extra. My meal cosisted of mostly meat....a tiny bit of vegetables...maybe 3 or 4 small brocoli tops....and a small amount of dressing hidden under the meat.
My dad's wife couldn't get Merlot for some reason. The coffee....which we were told was fresh tasted like mud.
Our server wasn't the friendliest.
If I ever visit Corner Brook in the future I will not under any circumstance eat at The Carriage Room. Very bad dinning ecperience.

We endeavour to provide quality at a reasonable price; as we do serve real turkey not processed. It is unfortunate that you were under the assumption that you were not going to be charged for additions to the description of the entrees that were chosen. There are two selections of wine by the glass, a cabernet and a pinot grigio; merlot is available on premises by the bottle. The restaurants coffee is from freshly grind coffee beans, I’m sorry it was not to your liking. I am very disappointed to hear that our service did not meet your expectations, We would like to know more, please contact our Manager Connie Rose to discuss personally. Any issue is our concern. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Food was good, very heavily priced. Service was not what I would expect for what we pay for the dinner. Beautiful place, it's a shame they feel they have to overcharge customers for the ambiance and not train staff to be most friendly or attentive to their customers.

Cory A, Marketing Manager at The Carriage Room, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Thank you for your review, however I am surprised that you felt the fare is over-priced as we lower than some fast food restaurants. I am disappointed to hear that you found our service to below your standards. We would like to know more. Please do not hesitate to contact the General Manager.