“DUMP”

Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Saint John
new brunswick
“DUMP”
Reviewed 9 June 2011

This is one of the worst hotels in saint john,filithy stinky hole!!!!!Very outdated,creepy,etc.In horrible area!!!!They have a new website lol dont be fooled!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank canadian1234

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Grand Manan, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2011

checked into the hotel after our ferry was out of service for almost 2 days. chose this hotel because it had discounted rates for grand manan residents, and because it had a pool for us to occupy our time. the first room we were booked into was absolutely filthy, so we asked to be moved to another room with a larger bed.....they accomodated us and we moved into another filthy room, but after watching out the window at 2 different men dumpster diving beside our vehicle, that was enough....my spouse went to the front desk to ask for our money back. they said they would have to ask the manager, who did not arrive to deal with our complaint, but rather just told the front desk clerk over the phone "no" we could not have our money returned. we left anyway, 75.00 less in our pocket. they had made a very difficult time for us even more difficult and more of a financial burden. this used to be "the" hotel for many grand manan island residents.....it was a home away from home.....but it seems to be the opinion of a lot of us now, that with the new owners, the standards are just not there anymore.!!!!!!! i will never return, and to anyone who is thinking of booking a room there, dont waste your time......go somewhere else!!!! manager should have dealt with the problem personally, felt bad for the front desk clerks who were very friendly....they were just doing what they were told. BAD BUSINESS CHOICE BY THE MANAGER!!!!!!! we may have lost 75.00 but your buisness will loose much more....word of mouth says a lot.

Room Tip: go to the country inn...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank nancyjoyce
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2011

From the Rooms to the most ignorant housekeepers ever, to the smell and dirt of the place you would be better staying in a hostel.It was the worst room i have ever been in .We will never return and i hope noone else has the misfortune of staying there either.Looks like a converted crack shack.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sorryistayed78
Oxford Station
Reviewed 30 January 2011

The outside door leaked cold air, we had to place the mini fridge, towels and pillows to help stop the air flow.

When we reported the problem, they provided us with a portable heater. Even with the heater running all night it was only 66 by the morning.

Even the girl at the front desk was wearing gloves to keep warm.

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank Steve_and_Lise
Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 October 2010

If you're traveling with pets don't stay here. They charge $10 per pet per night, but there is almost no place to walk your dogs, no grassy areas, unless you feel safe walking your dogs behind the hotel fence along the railroad tracks, which are not lit at night.

The air conditioner/heater did not work in my room and when I called to get it fixed I was told "we no it's not working but there's nothing we can do about it and we're booked full so we can't move you to a different room".

The rooms were non-smoking but the hallways reeked of cigarette smoke.

When asked if there was breakfast in the morning I was told that the restaurant served breakfast but you had to pay for it. When staying at a hotel that is over $100 per night I kind of expect to get at least a continental breakfast!

When I went to check out I was told that I owed money on my bill. When I explained that I had paid cash, and explained what bills I used and who I paid it to, they tried to call the staff person but couldn't get ahold of him and told me that I still owed the money. I explained it again, they said they'd try to watch the security tape but couldn't find the remote control to access the tape and tried to get me to pay. This was ridiculous, especially after they put me in a room that they knew the heater/air was not working and they refused to take any money off my bill for that.

Overall this hotel appeared old, and run down, with no updates and I would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo