All reviews breakfast was delicious helpful hosts friendly cat quiet street homemade jams old house within easy walking distance downtown saint john heritage house lovely home stained glass windows a lovely stay other guests pancakes comfortable rooms min drive b and b
Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

And don't take me wrong, it was indeed OK. I enjoyed jim's company (the host) and learned a good deal about the city.

The breakfast was of a below avarage quality, and when I got at the door no one was there to open! So I had to go and visit the city a little bit and come back in one hour.

He expected me to be precise on my arrival time!

The location is good and the property is beautiful. Room and the bed were very clean and sleep quality was good.

If you're a flexible person, not too picky and want to stay for a night, maybe you would try it.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Trickey-Crooks, Owner at Mahogany Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2016

Good morning,

Thank you for your recent stay and subsequent review.
Glad you enjoyed Jim's conversation and that you learned something about our beautiful city ~ we are very passionate about it.
I am sorry that the fresh fruit, home-made muffins, juice, coffee, apple-cinnamon pancakes and apple baked sausages did not meet your expectations - we normally receive great accolades for them but I guess they were not your favorite.
Just to clarify your arrival - when you booked you told us that you would be arriving between 2 and 3 PM. We had an obligation for the evening but because there would be several hours between your planned arrival and our need to be away we were not concerned. When you did not arrive Jim called you just prior to leaving the house and you told him you were 150 kilometers north of Fredericton, so we went to the meeting and Jim returned to greet you 2 hours later but you had apparently already arrived. We do not have the expectation that people are precise but there were 6 hours between your stated arrival time and your actual arrival time. We do try to participate in the events of our neighbourhood and work very hard to not compromise guest comfort/service. I hope the remainder of your travel to the Maritimes was a better experience for you.

Regards,

Carl Trickey-Crooks

Reviewed 5 April 2016

We stayed in Saint John over Easter weekend. We lucked out with the weather, but Mahogany Manor was truly the highlight of our stay. Carl and Jim are the perfect hosts.
They pointed us to vegetarian restaurants and helped us when we realized we had forgotten an item in our bedroom, even calling a couple days afterwards to make sure we had received it properly.
The house is gorgeous, full of charm. The fireplace was much appreciated on that cold day!
The homemade breakfast is truly somptuous and will fill you up all day.
Our only downside was that the bed was rather small, but then my husband is on the taller side. We stayed in the green room.
The location is great, within walking distance of everything there is to see in uptown Saint John, in a beautiful historic neighborhood.
We'll stay there again if we have the chance. Thank you again Carl and Jim.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Trickey-Crooks, Owner at Mahogany Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2016

Hello Audrey,
Thank you for your recent visit. We are both pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Glad we were able to facilitate the return of your property. Your not that far away so we hope to have the opportunity to host you during the beauty of another season.

Good health , safe travel and interesting adventures.

Carl Trickey-Crooks

Reviewed 29 January 2016

This was our second stay with Carl and Jim, who are superb hosts, with an elegant home they generously share with their guests. I was especially grateful for their hospitality while in the city during my husband's hip replacement. They were flexible with the booking dates and offer a wheelchair access entrance and room. We did not need the room post-surgery, but we could have spent the first night out of hospital with them. My breakfasts were a morning feast which the patient envied. My only regret was the fact that the hospital didn't keep him longer!
Judy Stone, Grand Manan, NB

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Robert S
Trickey-Crooks, Owner at Mahogany Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Greetings,

Thank you for your recent stay. We hope that your husband's recovery continues uneventfully. Expect he may be ready to play tennis again soon. We appreciated the lovely signed copy of your Children's book. Our youngest grandson enjoyed hearing the story and checking out the great illustrations.

Stay well. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 November 2015 via mobile

I was very please with my stay at the Mahogany Manor-it was a last minute situation for an emergency at the hospital-we were welcome by the owners and were able to have a nice restful night ending a very stressful day...i promise them to return to the Manor on my next trip to St-John with my husband... thank you again gentlemen :)

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2015

This is a gem of a building, tucked into a quiet location in a beautiful, historic neighborhood. A lovely stroll to the busier downtown, with comfortable rooms to return to and find soft slumbers with an excellent breakfast from an interesting and kind host. Very knowledgable and active in the community, Carl was helpful as my wife and our eleven month old boy found fine lodgings for the night with some explorations of Saint John in the evening and the next morning. For about the price of a hotel, we had what felt like luxurious appointments, with a little view of the water and working harbor to wake up to.

Date of stay: November 2015