“Luxury home away from home”

Mahogany Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 14 Saint John B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 January 2016

This was our second stay with Carl and Jim, who are superb hosts, with an elegant home they generously share with their guests. I was especially grateful for their hospitality while in the city during my husband's hip replacement. They were flexible with the booking dates and offer a wheelchair access entrance and room. We did not need the room post-surgery, but we could have spent the first night out of hospital with them. My breakfasts were a morning feast which the patient envied. My only regret was the fact that the hospital didn't keep him longer!
Judy Stone, Grand Manan, NB

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert S
Trickey-Crooks, Owner at Mahogany Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Greetings,

Thank you for your recent stay. We hope that your husband's recovery continues uneventfully. Expect he may be ready to play tennis again soon. We appreciated the lovely signed copy of your Children's book. Our youngest grandson enjoyed hearing the story and checking out the great illustrations.

Stay well. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 November 2015 via mobile

I was very please with my stay at the Mahogany Manor-it was a last minute situation for an emergency at the hospital-we were welcome by the owners and were able to have a nice restful night ending a very stressful day...i promise them to return to the Manor on my next trip to St-John with my husband... thank you again gentlemen :)

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2015

This is a gem of a building, tucked into a quiet location in a beautiful, historic neighborhood. A lovely stroll to the busier downtown, with comfortable rooms to return to and find soft slumbers with an excellent breakfast from an interesting and kind host. Very knowledgable and active in the community, Carl was helpful as my wife and our eleven month old boy found fine lodgings for the night with some explorations of Saint John in the evening and the next morning. For about the price of a hotel, we had what felt like luxurious appointments, with a little view of the water and working harbor to wake up to.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2015

My partner and I stay at B&Bs whenever we can. We prefer them to hotels because you generally get a 1-on-1 experience with the hosts that you don't get at a hotel. Some are amazing, while others are just okay. Mahogany Manor is definitely in the "amazing" category. The hosts, Jim and Carl, are absolutely delightful and make you feel right at home. Any question you have about St. John's, they can answer. And they've got many interesting stories about the house and their lives that my partner and I wished we weren't staying there for just the two nights. They're the kind of hosts that you want to get to know better. Be friends with. Go for dinner. They really made our stay a delight. Oh...and before I forget, the beds are super comfortable and the breakfasts were DELICIOUS!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank suvariboy
Reviewed 17 October 2015

We arrived early, no problem Carl said we could park at the side of the B & B. We stayed for 3 nights. Breakfast was delicious- fresh fruit, freshly baked muffins, juice, coffee, pancakes, and homemade jams as an example. Our room on the 2nd floor was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. The central location on Germain St. was an added bonus. Knowledgeable host another plus. Access to free laundry was another bonus because we had been travelling for five weeks. We had been in other B & B's where some wanted up to $9.00 a load. Thank you, Carl.

Room Tip: All rooms looked good to me,