“Relish the experience”

Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Relish Gourmet Burgers is a community-based restaurant that offers a variety of fresh, tasty burgers...with an extra experience of relishing!
Reviewed 3 November 2014

I took my grandson out for supper here before going to the MillRats basketball game. He was very impressed with the ordering process and them calling "His" name to pick up the order. Very personal, fresh ingredients, good variety and all cooked fresh while you wait. Definitely not your average burger joint - a cut above.

Reviewed 15 October 2014

Truly yummy. The restaurant is not much to look at, a bit on the small side but the burgers are very good. The place is under new ownership so things are in a sort of transitional phase but do not let that put you off from eating here. The onion rings were some of the best we have ever eaten-- nice rings, not greasy and done to our satisfaction. The burgers were big and not over done, the buns were fresh as well. Try the L A Lady burger, I thought that I would not be able to finish it all but I did--it was that good ! The Simpleton burger is good as well. Wish we had another day in St. John so we could try different burgers--there are a lot of great burgers to choose from.

1  Thank Alice T
Reviewed 19 September 2014

I've been here quite a few times and I love the The Great One and The Big Texas, not to mention the awesome poutine.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Really great tasting burgers and the sweet potato fries were awesome but found it to be a little pricey

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I like poutine but have not had some for quite awhile. Looking online, i found that this eatery had good reviews for the poutine. Initially, I was a bit put off by dirty entrance way and dilapidated appearance inside. Most of the seats are on a lunch bar but then I noticed a couple of tables at the back. The staff was excellent and very quick with making the meal. I had the cabo diablo burger and poutine. The burger was not very spicy but was cooked just the way I like it. The poutine was really quite good. The fries were hot, the curd had just started to melt, and the gravy was beef and hot.
Again, if you want fine dining do not go here. But, if you want a good burger and poutine for a decent price, you have found a home.