All reviews james joyce pub the river maverick room art gallery within walking distance older hotel farmers market hotel restaurant business trip downtown area the air conditioning saint john river downtown core hot tub very nice hotel coffee maker playhouse
Reviewed 21 August 2018

We have stayed at this hotel before and thoroughly enjoyed our stay and this time was no exception. We were there for a special birthday weekend and Kim (duty manager and working the front desk) went out of her way to make it amazing. We were just chatting about current events and what we had planned for our weekend... and she upgraded our room to a gorgeous King Suite and gave us coupons for breakfast both mornings completely spontaneously! We went out for lunch and when we came back to our room there was a card wishing my husband a happy birthday with a note to look in our fridge! There was a fantastic craft Picaroons beer with some snacks to go with it. We had a fantastic stay. The hotel is walking distance to the Garrison district with historical sites to view, the beautiful riverfront trail and so many restaurants and pubs. We parked our car on Saturday and didn't drive it again until Monday. We walked everywhere!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Kyle S, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you for your fantastic feedback! I'm happy to hear that Kim was able to make such an impression on what was such a special birthday weekend for you and your husband. I will be passing your comments on to Kim, and she will be delighted to hear!
We hope to welcome you and your husband back again soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

This place has many attractive qualities about it that just keep me coming back. It's also adjacent to much of the nightlife including the capital complex and boom nightclub. I was put into the newer part of the hotel. I got a room with 2 beds. The beds were comfortable enough, but the feather pillows are hard to sleep on. Not taking off any points, because to be fair I've never asked for an alternative, but I'll check it out next time. Breakfast was included in our rate and while we didn't take advantage of it, it is a recent development for this hotel. Check in and check out were easy and quick. Staff is very attentive.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Wow! Thank you for your fantastic review! I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, renovated guestrooms, breakfast and your experience with Guest Services! You'll be happy to hear that we have completed the renovations of our guestrooms bringing all of our guestrooms up to the same standard! I'm also happy to hear that you booked our bed and breakfast rate, which includes our full buffet breakfast each morning! Hopefully you are able to come back and visit us again soon! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Overall this hotel is nice. And the restaurant staff were very good. However, front desk and especially cleaning staff could be more attentive and friendly.
We stayed over the long weekend and our room was not made up once. We ran out to towels, shampoo, soap, toilet paper ...
Hotel needs to keep up with their clients needs.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Kyle S, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for providing constructive feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed our hotel.
I am concerned regarding the Housekeeping and Guest Service issues you mention, and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further. At you convenience if you can reach out to me at kyle.stillwell@cpfredericton.com, I would like to find out more details from you.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We were staying one night in Fredericton and decided to try the Lord Beaverbrook. At check-in, the clerk (who seemed to know only one word "awesome") asked if I wanted a city or river view room. I replied river and when I got to the room, it was basically a view of the roof on the side of the building with a large electrical generator. You could barely see the river at all except through a tiny space between trees behind the generator!

The room itself was nice with great beds and a nice modern decor. The TV remote was absolutely useless as you had to get out of bed and walk over near the TV to change channels.

The bathroom was also modern looking but the tub tile grouting needed cleaning as it was visibly dirty. Plus the stopper in the tub didn't hold water so taking a bath was impossible. Parking was ok. Onsite restaurant (Maxwell's) was also ok but nothing exceptional.

I definitely got the impression this was an old hotel that had been modernized in decor but certainly nowhere as advanced as some of the new hotels I've stayed at.

Stayed: August 2018

Thank you for providing constructive feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and modern decor.
I am concerned regarding your check-in expierience and the housekeeping issues you mention, and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further. At you convenience if you can reach out to me at kyle.stillwell@cpfredericton.com, I would like to find out more details from you.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

The hotel is in a good location, near the river and downtown, but the housekeeping is attrocious. We stayed for 2 nights. The day after the first night we went out about 10 am. As we were leaving the room, a maid asked if we would want the room cleaning! We replied yes, of course. We returned at 4 pm, and the room had not been cleaned ( no coffee left, either). I phoned the front desk, who didn't apologise, but did say they would immediately contact housekeeping and get it sorted. No-one ever came. We were paying approximately 250 Canadian dollars a night ( approx £150 for British readers), and it seems they couldn't be bothered cleaning the room. On checking out the next day we complained at the front desk, and they agreed to waive the parking charge 12 Dollars!!!!). Not good housekeeping or customer service. For that sort of money I expect much better.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robtropicana
Kyle S, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for providing constructive feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location.
I am concerned regarding the housekeeping issue you mention, and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further. At you convenience if you can reach out to me at kyle.stillwell@cpfredericton.com, I would like to find out more details from you.