All reviews mts centre le germain quiet side street noise frosted glass available for purchase attached restaurant front desk staff portage ave yogurt modern hotel tim hortons high floor stay downtown great downtown location jets game business trip
Reviewed 1 June 2018

What can I say, the service, the rooms and the value are all there. Why would I stay anywhere else in Winnipeg. My only, and really i'm picking here is that they only give one coffee T-cup in the room.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Dane S, Front Office Manager at Alt Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Hello Rob M,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
We appreciate the comments about your stay, and we will definitely look into the in-room tea/coffee.

Very happy to see you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to having you back on your next visit to Winnipeg.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Every chance I get I stay at an Alt hotel, regardless of what city I'm in. I honestly cannot wait for them to expand to all centres in Canada. The rooms are clean, efficient, and perfectly sized, neither too big nor too small. The staff is exceptional every time!

A great place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike_Banning
Dane S, Front Office Manager at Alt Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Hello Mike_Banning,

Thank you for using our hotels whenever you can! We appreciate your great comments about our rooms. We pride ourselves in providing amazing service, so thank you for that review. We are in the process of expanding the brand in the country, so you can stay in all the provinces in a few years!

We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Modern Hotel, lots of amenities, our room was on the 19th floor so we had a great view of the City through the full length window.Clean room, bathroom with shower/Bath, coffee making facilities but again NO KETTLE for making tea the 'proper' way! (thankfully our £10 travel kettle is earning its keep lol) Good WIFI signal, friendly staff, recommended choice of Hotel if in the City (also located opposite the Jets stadium)

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Dane S, Front Office Manager at Alt Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hello georgevader,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Alt Winnipeg.
Oh how we all love a good cuppa tea. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and found the amenities to your liking and also appreciated the view through our floor to ceiling windows on our top floor.

We look forward to seeing you back and I'll make sure we sit down for a proper tea in our lobby on your return

Reviewed 17 May 2018

While I live in Winnipeg, I was staying here for a work conference.The hotel staff bent over backwards to ensure our meetings ran smoothly. The breakfasts and lunches they provided were phenomenal. We had plenty left over! The hotel also gave us a great deal on rooms and meeting space compared to any of the other hotels in the city. My room also had a great view of Portage Ave, and despite how busy that street can be, it was very quiet.

As with all Alt Hotels that I've stayed in, you insert your card into a holder to operate the lights (similar to Europe), the mirror hides a closet and the bathroom has a little cubby to sit in and hang your clothes while you get ready. The beds, as always, are comfy and spacious.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Dane S, Front Office Manager at Alt Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Hello umcam256,

We truly appreciate the lovely comments you have left on Tripadvisor about the Alt Hotel. From the room, amenities and features, as well as the meeting space and food. I have passed on your comments already to the catering and meeting departments.

Thank you again and we would love to see you back soon for your next event or staycation.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We've stayed at the Alt 3 times--each for a Winnipeg Jets event at Bell MTS Place. The location is prime--right across the street. You can't beat that. Our most recent stay was this past Saturday night. We decided to go to Winnipeg to soak in the atmosphere of the Stanley Cup playoffs. I called the hotel around 8:00 Friday night asking if rooms were available for Saturday night. They had rooms. I also asked if they had rooms on the Portage side as that gives you a great view of what's happening with the street party and other events. They said rooms were available on the Portage side and gave us room 1603. It had the perfect view of the street.
Saturday afternoon around 5:30 we decided at the last minute to take in the Jets game which started at 6:00. The front desk staff gave us assistance in printing our tickets on the lobby work stations.
We've also found the staff to be very helpful and friendly.
The rooms are nice and the bed's very comfortable.
If you're at an event at the MTS Center, you can't go wrong with the Alt In downtown Winnipeg. We'll definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Upper floor city view lets you see everything
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Dane S, Front Office Manager at Alt Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hello Brian V,

So happy to hear we could accommodate you during the Jets playoffs and that you got to experience the atmosphere and sites from both your room location and proximity to the Bell MTS place.
We appreciate your feedback and happy to hear the Alt Winnipeg is your choice hotel for events and games downtown.

We look forward to seeing you back next game or event.