“Food was good”

Wok House Restaurant
Ranked #540 of 1,687 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

The food was better than what we expected. The honey garlic veal was soft and not chewy or tough.. the chow mien was very good also. We also ordered the mushroom fried rice which was good. The only thing was the portions are small. We had to ask for plain rice cause it wasn't enough. It was our first time going and we would go again. We always past this restaurant and we are not disappointed..

Reviewed 4 May 2017

This was a favorite neighborhood restaurant when I lived in Winnipeg. When I come back to visit I always go back. Occasionally we eat in. My favorite dish is the lemon chicken. Staff are friendly and take-out is always ready on time.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

We have ordered from the McGregor location a number of times, most often for pick up. The deluxe wonton soup is consistently great! My husband likes the king pao chicken. The mushroom egg foo hung is also consistently delicious. This time we ordered for delivery. We ordered the usual things as well as the deluxe chow mein. When the food arrived it was cold which was disappointing. Most things were good but the chow mein was not at all appetizing...tasteless and gluey. We won't be ordering that again. Prices are good and the portions are generous.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

The current owners have been at this location about 2-3 years. They have had previous restaurant experience at Lac du Bonnet in eastern Manitoba. I have been there at least 6 times and the food orders are generous. My favorite dishes are Lean Pork with mustard, Chicken w/ Diced vegetables & almonds and Dry Breaded Veal. Good parking infront. There is a lounge on one side and a restaurant on the other side.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

McGregor Location

A Table For 6 was easily obtained. A rotating service tray was noted in the centre of the round table. We decided to enjoy it, so each of us chose a dish for our personalized buffet. The menu was easily read.
The hostess ensured our water glasses were efficiently refilled while we anticipated dinner.
The restaurant decor was lacking lustre somehow. Noises of VLT machines filled the air. The other customers seemed cozy in their dining experience.
Our soup & Egg Rolls arrived quickly, in plastic bowls with plastic spoons on a glass saucer. However, the consumme broth was almost clear but had many green onions & white rice to infuse flavour .
The veggie Egg Rolls were delicious.
The waitress had remembered to bring our drinks, thankfully.
At last our selected dishes were one by one, arriving to the table. Unfortunately, by the time all the dishes had arrived, the first few had cooled down.
I chose sesame chicken, the dish had been dazzled with sesame seeds but no taste bud party here.
The plain mixed greens were soaked in a thick sauce which seemed to take the healthy out of eating it.
The sweet & sour chicken balls were heavily battered. I chose to eat the small chunk of chicken I found inside.
The shrimp was battered.
The fried rice had no veggies in it, no egg, and a few chunks of chicken.
The lemon chicken was heavily battered and soaking in a thick yellow sauce.
I normally take photos of my visually appealing & delicious adventures. I didn't this time.
The waitress was new and apologized many times.
We received complementary fortune cookies with the bill.
Family time was the fulfillment of this experience so not all was lost. I appreciate the Wok House for the memories we created/shared.
A different location is highly recommended.