“Some hits ...”

Wok House Restaurant
Ranked #539 of 1,689 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 26 February 2017

We have ordered from the McGregor location a number of times, most often for pick up. The deluxe wonton soup is consistently great! My husband likes the king pao chicken. The mushroom egg foo hung is also consistently delicious. This time we ordered for delivery. We ordered the usual things as well as the deluxe chow mein. When the food arrived it was cold which was disappointing. Most things were good but the chow mein was not at all appetizing...tasteless and gluey. We won't be ordering that again. Prices are good and the portions are generous.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

The current owners have been at this location about 2-3 years. They have had previous restaurant experience at Lac du Bonnet in eastern Manitoba. I have been there at least 6 times and the food orders are generous. My favorite dishes are Lean Pork with mustard, Chicken w/ Diced vegetables & almonds and Dry Breaded Veal. Good parking infront. There is a lounge on one side and a restaurant on the other side.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

McGregor Location

A Table For 6 was easily obtained. A rotating service tray was noted in the centre of the round table. We decided to enjoy it, so each of us chose a dish for our personalized buffet. The menu was easily read.
The hostess ensured our water glasses were efficiently refilled while we anticipated dinner.
The restaurant decor was lacking lustre somehow. Noises of VLT machines filled the air. The other customers seemed cozy in their dining experience.
Our soup & Egg Rolls arrived quickly, in plastic bowls with plastic spoons on a glass saucer. However, the consumme broth was almost clear but had many green onions & white rice to infuse flavour .
The veggie Egg Rolls were delicious.
The waitress had remembered to bring our drinks, thankfully.
At last our selected dishes were one by one, arriving to the table. Unfortunately, by the time all the dishes had arrived, the first few had cooled down.
I chose sesame chicken, the dish had been dazzled with sesame seeds but no taste bud party here.
The plain mixed greens were soaked in a thick sauce which seemed to take the healthy out of eating it.
The sweet & sour chicken balls were heavily battered. I chose to eat the small chunk of chicken I found inside.
The shrimp was battered.
The fried rice had no veggies in it, no egg, and a few chunks of chicken.
The lemon chicken was heavily battered and soaking in a thick yellow sauce.
I normally take photos of my visually appealing & delicious adventures. I didn't this time.
The waitress was new and apologized many times.
We received complementary fortune cookies with the bill.
Family time was the fulfillment of this experience so not all was lost. I appreciate the Wok House for the memories we created/shared.
A different location is highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

Delicious food at affordable prices! My favorites are Singapore Noodles, Deluxe Vegetables, Breaded Veal, Deep Fried Shrimp and the Wok House Special (chow mein). I also LOVE their Mushroom Egg Foo Yung. I would suggest the spring rolls over the egg rolls. You get plenty of food too and delivery is fast, efficient and friendly!

Reviewed 7 October 2016

If you stay at the Motel 6, delivery is free. The food is great, hot, lots of it and a great choices. You can't go wrong with this food.