“Can't go wrong here”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Went to a luncheon with 20 people. Everyone had something different. I had the onion soup. It. Was delicious. Added touch was thin deep fried onion strips on top, tasty broth. Had a Ruben with pumpernickel. Lots of restaurants don't use the pumpernickel. Had a gluten free dessert with pavlova, lemon and whip cream. Salades looked awesome.

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Well yesterday was the day for our family to get together and have a feast of food, and might I say what a feast it was.
It all starts off with the standard fair or breakfast items add in an omelette station a prime rib station, fresh seafood and salmon. An endless array of desserts including waffles and crepes made just for you.
This was a wonderful venue. We were seated in the front sunroom and we were lucky enough to also have the sun shining through.
The food preparation presentation and taste were excellent.
This is a must do place for brunch.

As always The Gates impresses

Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

I went with my partner to his staff dinner last Christmas. The establishment is very elegant and warm. The service was attentive and professional. I enjoyed my evening, the meal was delicious. I'll definitely return soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

I went with a group for dinner and we had the beautiful room with windows in the front. Coats are taken to be hung at the door which is very efficient and professional. The Calamari was the best I've ever had anywhere and I have had it in tropical locales. The beet salad was very good. I had the duck and it was good and plentiful, the only thing I didn't like is that there was smoked duck also and I didn't care for it as much as the regular duck. The short ribs were fantastic as was the pork. We shared 3 deserts and they were all great.

Reviewed 19 November 2016

We, 5 of us, had a lovely 'birthday dinner' at the Gates Friday evening. Service was attentive. My man and I both had the 10 oz prime rib. We both enjoyed our cuts (his ordered med-rare, mine medium) though both were under cooked (sliced?) to our specified doneness. As for the plating, the chef placed the prime rib ON the mashed potatoes, therefore making the potatoes red from the meat. Not a preferred visual or taste for me. I would suggest having the prime rib and the potatoes plated side by side.
We all had dessert. The 'birthday girl' was surprised with the gluten free chocolate cake with a sparkler on it - which made her very happy (she's 85 after all and birthday recognition is always good). My butter pecan cheesecake was good.
The Gates is a lovely place for a nice meal for a special occasion. I will say that with the high ceilings the noise from the other tables seemed quite loud. So if you don't need the size of a round table, ask for a table against the wall.