All reviews steam shower pool table india room surround sound romantic getaway exchange district stereo system pinball machines baby grand piano moroccan room infrared sauna private balcony cheesecake room was beautifully decorated amazing room mini vacation wedding night
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the "China" room. It was amazing!! Huge soaker tub, sauna, and tornado shower were so relaxing. We loved how the tv could face any direction we were in the spacious suite; and the king size bed only topped off the most relaxing stay ever! Friendly staff, highly recommended. We will definitely be back, thank you!!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suite Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Anniversaries are meant to be celebrated in style. China is one of our mid sized suites and offers numerous amenities that our guests really love. We appreciate your comments about our guest service. It is something we try to get right with every guest. Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that you had a great time and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

I stayed at Mariaggi's for three days with my husband (on our honeymoon). They really gave us the privacy we were looking for. I loved the steam shower! Dinner was DELICIOUS, it was the best meal we had in Winnipeg. I would highly recommend the carbonara dish. Coffee was good, too. We really enjoyed sitting out on the balcony listening to the sounds of the street below. The hotel really fit us perfectly, and I would definitely return for another visit.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We built our hotel theme rooms for couples celebrating Honeymoons, Birthdays, Anniversaries and other such special getaways. It is so nice to be able to spend multiple days relaxing and connecting with one another. The addition of balconies off the theme suites are a real hit with our guests. There are several suites that guests can go from their room outdoors (Africa, Caribbean, Jakarta, Cuba, Egypt to name a few). Our other guests also are able to use the original balcony built 130 years ago by Mr. Mariaggi. It is a large 400 sq.ft. space and offers a great view of McDermot Ave. and the Exchange District.
We encourage guests to dine at the hotel and they mostly agree that dinner is plentiful and delicious. We would love to see you again on a anniversary!! Our newly remodeled Hawaiian suite is now open. We are sure you would enjoy a Hawaiian getaway too.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

My girlfriend and I had have busy stressful lives, and had been planning a "vegas weekend" getaway for quite a while for the past weekend. However, little did we know Vegas was having a EDM festival this passed weekend and therefore the hotel and flight prices were OBSCENE for three days.... while we wanted to "blow it out", we also didn't want to blow the budget either.

I was gutted as I waited for last minute deals, only to see prices GO UP!

I spent a good while scrabbling to think of a last minute substitute, and nothing was panning out. Then someone a work reminded me of Mariaggi's Hotel, after a quick google, and having remembered family members going a and liking the place, I texted my girlfriend and told her to "google" this place.

Soon after I received a text that my girlfriend had booked us the 3000 square foot Jakarta penthouse!!

The Room: MASSIVE! after I picked my jaw up off the floor I said out loud "this would be a great place for a staff christmas party".

Enough seats couches for probably 30+ people, baby grand piano, two pinball machines, a seated arcade machine that plays all the old favourites, pac man, centipede, space invaders, etc.

pool table, fire place, full sized bar, microwave, coffee maker, two large screen TV's one with X-box (the old one though, first gen?)

sound system through out the entire space, water fall hot tub, steam room, two balconies (one private, one shared), very handy multi-media device with all the streaming music, and movies you could ever watch (and by everything I mean "all types" of movies ...... ;) .........if you like some spice that is... lol).

nice touches: personalized message in gold paint champagne bottle, a nice piece of cheese cake with two forks in the fridge (came in handy for late night cravings lol), and great friendly service. We were given a tour of two other rooms at check out, the currently under construction Cuban themed room, and the (obviously newly built) immaculate egypt room.

Notes: the jarkata room is likely a bit older than some of the newer ones, but very cool and well maintained. The Bar was laking in some basics that I found a bit bothersome, but I imagine myself an amature "bartender" so I was looking for specific things, I.E. a bar towel, a stirring spoon, a strainer to go the the jigger (but I just used a glass old school style), the bar had plenty of glass wear and wet/dry sinks for quick clean up. As well, a few bowls for chips, etc.

In hindsight, I didn't even ask for these things from the front desk, I imagine the extremely friendly staff would have remedied these minor requests, but it didn't really matter at the time.

In summary:

We tried to do everything, and play everything we could with this massive space!! So much fun!!!!!!!!!

My girlfriend was SO HAPPY after this weekend as was I, she can't wait to come back!

only one suggestion, a few old school board games scattered around would be fun! I.E. jenga, monopoly, twister?

Thank you to the lovely staff for a memorable stay; we will be back!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Wow! Thank you for such wonderful comments. It is so nice that you were able to enjoy a "stay-cation" with us in our Jakarta Tropical Penthouse. Vegas is fun but its great to know you really felt that staying in Jakarta was just what you needed. Besides staying with us also meant no Jet lag, customs or hustle and bustle crowds!!! I think adding some board games would be a great idea - not just for Jakarta but for all rooms - especially twister:). I will get right on that. Whenever you need another great escape we will be here for you. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Last weekend my girlfriend and I due to conflicting schedules finally got a moment between work and travel to see each other and "all out" was our goal!
Well we couldn't have hit the nail much harder on the head by booking with mariaggis !!!!
The staff and owner most literally went to all ends of the earth for us to make our weekend perfect and that extra mile included bumping us up to the Africa room due to its availability, hands on in depth tutorial of tge room functions and even gave us a ride to the meatloaf concert !!!
They treated my other half and I like family and were so caring and supportive of my special rare moment with my true north!
This hotel just wants to care about the couples and truly respects loving relationships. There on this planet will never be service at par to this hotel!
The room was spotless and fully functional. Jacuzzi, sauna and steam shower all easy to operate and again well maitained.
All freshly washed linens and bedwear as well as prompt room cleaning service,clean glass ware and freshly stocked coffee at the ready made this ten out of ten room a whole new genre of perfection.
I personally want to thank Lowell and Shelly on behalf of syl and I for investing so much time into my babe and I. You knew we don't see eachother much and cared enough to make everything perfect!
Not to mention that most hotels would judge two young tattooed people and would ignore our needs.
Again thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
We will most definitely be back time and time again!
Love
James and Sylvia :)

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suite Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

It was our pleasure to be of service to you on your special night. Customer service is extremely important to us. We are always working on improving guests satisfaction. We know that our guests have hectic schedules. Most of the time if they are not working unusually hard at the office they are taking care of family life which nowadays can be very difficult. Our goal is to provide a romantic atmosphere for couples to relax and reconnect. We are really happy to know you were able to do this here. Thank you for such a kind review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

My fiancée and I needed to get away but we couldn't afford a trip so we stayed at Mariaggi's. We have also been to the themed hotel at West Edmonton mall, which can't even compare to Mariaggi's. Mariaggi's had amazing rooms, way bigger with more detail, better food, rates and even friendlier staff. We are seriously considering changing our wedding venue to Mariaggi's and even spending our honeymoon there. I highly recommend Mariaggi's if you are looking for an amazing experience.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suite Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Thank you for your very kind review. As a smaller boutique property we need to constantly strive to exceed our guests expectations. We are really happy to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to host your wedding too. Please call us anytime so that we may sit down and discuss your needs. It is guests such as yourselves that make it all worth it!!!