“Fine breakfast”

Stella's on Grant
Ranked #73 of 1,765 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a real breakfast, an alternative to standard fast food fare, and found it at Stella’s. My egg and bacon croissant was perfect and my husband enjoyed his tofu scramble. Lots of choices on the menu with something for everyone - vegetarian or not, sweet lover or protein seeker.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We went as a family of 5 for supper & were seated promptly near the kitchen. Our server was great, friendly & knowledgeable about the menu. The only unfortunate part of the evening was a long wait for our meal. It was obvious that all of the staff were working very hard, but had been slammed with it being Mother’s Day. When our food came, it was delicious. Everyone was happy with our meals, although my daughter had to change her order as the kitchen had run out of noodles (this was about 45 min after ordering our food). At the end of our meal, the manager came to our table unprompted to apologize for the long wait. She insisted on not charging for the entire bill due to the wait for our food! She was clearly upset by how the evening was going, in spite of everyone’s hard work, especially hers, as she was trying her best to help everyone. We could see the cooks & servers from our table & felt bad for all of them. Unfortunately, this reaffirmed our hesitance to eat out on special occasions, but we will definitely try this restaurant again on a regular day! Kudos to the staff for all of their hard work & for doing their best to keep everyone happy.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Stopped in last minute on a weekend evening and had the Garden Burger, really good. We hadn't been here for a while, still a nice place.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Had a great brunch, excellent staff and flavorful food. We had the Great Veg and the Mexican Veg, both good.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I absolutely love Stella's and have eaten here many times. It's one of my favourite go-to restaurants in Winnipeg.

They serve delicious, flavourful, healthy and homemade meals with fresh ingredients and I love that they have lots of vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options as well. My favourite meals to order are the vegan Mexican breakfast (substitute marinated tofu for the breakfast patties to make it gluten-free) and the pad thai. I have also tried the tofu scramble, oatmeal, and chickpea curry, all of which were very good. Their fresh fruit smoothies are fantastic too!

Stella's is usually busy but I have never had to wait very long in line (maybe 15-20 minutes at the most). The service is always friendly and efficient and the environment is comfortable.

I would recommend Stella's for those looking for tasty yet nutritious comfort food!