“Nice multi function bar/restaurant. ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pony Corral - Downtown
Ranked #1,058 of 1,689 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Well, I haven't been back to Winnipeg since 2004. I used to go to this place all the time while I was here last time so thought I'd check out the old haunt.

They have updated the interior nicely and having TV screens up at the bar but can be moved up out of the way when they have a live band.

It was nice to come back to something familiar and the food was great with large portions at a great price.

I'll be there again tonight

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Order chicken fingers which came with no sauce. Asked for honey dill and the waitress promptly got me a small thimble amount.

To my surprise I was charge $1 for and amount that must have took more time to squeeze such a small amount out with out spilling than it's worth.

Sauce should not be charged for. It's not guacamole.

Overpriced, undervalued, subpar taste.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Food was served reasonably fast by reasonably friendly staff. Our food came as ordered and nothing was great nor was anything bad either as a matter of fact the experience was an okay type of ho hum.

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

Peter Ginakes always treats us right. We LOVE Mexican Chris, the bar manager, DJ extraordinaire and resident comedian. His wait staff has always been superb. The bar atmosphere is cozy, the music is great and the clientele is interesting. To be honest, drinks are weak, prices are on the high side, the food quality is iffy...for example, we ordered fried calamari last night and hubs referred to it as sushi. But we so appreciate the free shuttle to the MTS for hockey games. And we always have a great time at the Pony Corral. That's why we keep going back.

Reviewed 28 November 2015

We couldn't believe that this place was charging $20 cover for the lounge and for dinner!!
It was the Grey Cub headquarters for Edmonton. Ive been all over the world and never heard of a restaurant charging a cover for dinner!
I am embarrassed for my city.
The food and service were good though.