All reviews polo park splash pad in house restaurant steam room breakfast buffet leave your car co workers front desk staff rooms are big hotel is clean walk in shower king bed free shuttle an early morning flight shopping and restaurants lots of parking yogurt
Reviewed 25 April 2018

My husband and 3 kids stayed here the night before an early morning flight. The biggest draw for us was the pool area for the kids. We planned to spend the evening at the pool, and then go to bed early prior to our 5 am flight. A few minutes after arriving in the pool area, I went into the hot tub, with my 6 year old trailing behind. After a couple of minutes, I noticed things floating around in the hot tub. Turns out there were several pieces of feces in the hot tub. Needless to say we were disgusted and cut our pool time short. I immediately notified the front desk, and was not offered so much as an apology. To top it all off, the alarm clock in our room was set for midnight for some reason. It went off, and disrupted our whole family making it difficult to fall back to sleep. Not cool the night before a 3 am wake up. While this hotel has a lot of potential, we were quite disappointed in the lack of service we received. The best service was from the maintenance man who brought our roll-away. To be fair, I did email management before posting this review, to allow an opportunity to correct the situation, but I have yet to receive a response. Seems they only response to positive feedback.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Marwan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear Unhappy Guest,
Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. I apologize if our services did not meet your expectations and appreciate you taking time to share your concerns. Your comments will be discussed with the concerned department. I'm not sure what email address you have sent the email to. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously improve our guest experience.
I ask that you to allow us another opportunity to serve you as we consider it our privilege to have with us.
Marwan Borgi

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

-Hotel is clean
-All Staff is friendly and helpful, from the front desk, to security to the the cleaning personnel
-The rooms are beautiful
-The pool is great. Waist deep on a five year old. Lots of room for a packed hotel. 3 waterslides. 1 for toddlers, 1 for younger kids and a big water slide for older kids up to adults. The hot tub is spacious and clean. Lots of seating for parents.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Chamberzfam
Marwan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Happy Guest,
Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers.
I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Spent 4 days here for work. The staff was very helpful and service oriented. When I was usung their office services, I was approached and offered a coffee. Above and beyond, which you rarely see in this class of hotel.

Location is ok, with plenty of restaurants and shopping close by.

The only issue was that wifi would not connect to my laptop. Frustrating as I was there for business. I have not experienced this at other HI's.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Marwan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear Janne,
WiFi Connection issue will be discussed with our IT Department.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

First time ever staying here, the staff are friendly and if you have a problem they fix it right away, I like the buffet breakfast was wonderful especially when you have lots of people, the staff in the restaurant are super friendly always greeting your and serving you right away, the only issue I found is the lighting in to rooms need more lights because it so dark and gloomy wants the sun sets, but I will be coming back again for sure.

Room tip: Need more lights in room
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Marwan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Happy Guest,

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Small, but perfectly fine rooms. Not much room in bathroom for toiletries or other items (hair & make up) - not much for counter space. Rooms very clean but starting to show wear - likely well used due to location and seem to host First Nations for conferences maybe? Felt safe, comfortable. Meals not included. Not much immediately available for gluten free except yogurt and fruit BUT they were very willing to accommodate people and willing to clean the grill and make fresh. If you knew ahead of time that you would be staying there, it would be worth contacting them the day before to ask for it made up ahead of time so no toast on grill (to prevent cross contamination of gluten). The cook and waitress were very friendly and willing to do whatever they could - much appreciated.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marwan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear Guest,
I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and team members.
We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can.
Your points will be discussed with our Executive Chef for better services.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon.