All reviews casino attached main floor would stay here again front desk staff the room was nice business trip a great place to stay stayed one night very nice hotel colleen convention jacuzzi
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We spent two nights here with our family as we attended a tournament in the city. Parking near the hotel was impossible as the spaces are taken up by people going to the casino. We unloaded at the front door and parked out in the lot. Some of the main floor was undergoing renovations so there was a bit of a mess but not too bad. We were given a wifi code when we checked in but it never worked all weekend. The woman at the front desk told us that there were too many people trying to use the wifi and that was why it doesn't work.
Our rooms were average but starting to look a little worn out. The elevators had a foul smell and housekeeping never entered our room. The hotel has no pool. As they have no continental breakfast we went downstairs to Aalto's for breakfast Saturday. The sign said they open at 7:00 so at 7:05 I asked the front desk what time they might open. She said 7:00. They opened shortly after and we were seated by a gruff man who seemed disappointed to have patrons first thing in the morning. We needed to get to our first game of the day but breakfast was slow in coming, expensive and average at best.
Overall the hotel is overpriced and not nearly as nice as I would expect from a 'Destination ' hotel. The staff were not friendly with anyone in our group and we felt that we would have been better to spend our money somewhere else next time.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

While our beds and pillows were kind of uncomfortable, the duvets were cozy and warm. Pillows were a choice between flat or brick. The hotel itself could be refurbished for the room price. We checked in and our room had a plugged toilet, but housekeeping quickly rectified that with friendly service.

Front desk staff were also helpful (though a bit snarky when we told them there was nowhere for us to park Saturday night when we returned from being gone all day.) The absolute WORST service came from the restaurant. A large group showed up for Sunday buffet breakfast, which the desk staff told us the night before started at 9:00, but when we arrived, were informed that it was actually to be at 9:30. So we ordered from the menu, then found out they decided to start the buffet early for the big group. Fine. Then it took forever for our food to show up, even after the buffet was out. The wait staff consistently blamed the large group, which I just find unprofessional. I overheard them telling other tables the same thing. One waiter, granted he was flustered, but he went so far as to bark at people "Give me a minute, can't you see I'm busy?" It was just painful to witness.

If I didn't have to stay there I wouldn't. I'll definitely reconsider next time.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2017

I stayed here recently for 4 days and i still wonder why. For the price of this hotel I expect to have a bed that is comfortable and a set of sheets that stays on the bed. One small rollover and the sheets were falling off the cheap horribly uncomfortable mattress. Pillows also not comfortable - in all not a great place to sleep and isn't that why we stay in a hotel??? Really this place is waaaaay overpriced for the quality of the room. On my first night I had hair in the shower, on the toilet seat and when i told the desk person they did not even seem to be sorry about that. Desk personnel are for the most part polite but seem uninterested in making you feel welcome - one in particular is extremely rude - during this stay and another stay in the fall. Besides close proximity to casino this place is one to avoid if you want comfort - if you don't want to sleep comfortably then this is the place for you. p.s.they have cookies available at night but i had to ASK to have one as they were were not willingly handing them out.

Room Tip: ask for a comfortable bed and pillows and fitted sheets
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2017

My aunt stays here every time she is in Winnipeg. Very convenient for entertainment food and fun. Rooms are nice. No complaints at all. Would recommend To anyone coming into Winnipeg for a visit and vacation.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2016

If your trip requires the use of internet, I would pass n this hotel
As the internet is hit and miss which I believe for a hotel of this caliber is not acceptable.
The rooms were clan an comfortable and the buffet restaurant was quite simple but good.
I probably won't return as if the internet is no good it's a deal breaker.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business