All reviews pool area front desk free breakfast happy travels hot tub polo park newer hotel the breakfast area free weights shopping and restaurants check in was smooth hot breakfast close to the airport shuttle service breakfast was excellent yogurt king room
Reviewed 21 July 2017

The following is my partial letter to the manager of this hotel. The letter clearly reveals why I rated this hotel with only a single star.

Dear Hotel Manager,
This afternoon when I arrived at your hotel, I felt that I was entering a somewhat unsafe neighborhood. I asked a young woman employee at the front desk about neighborhood safety and she said, “Just be careful, sir.” Later, when I went to the CIBC bank to exchange money, I asked a young employee there about safety in the neighborhood. He simply said, “I’ve heard about some incidents around here.” He did not elaborate.

I walked not only to the bank, but also to Walmart. It’s a half-mile walk there one-way all around the hotel. There is no other way to go there. And on the way, I crossed some railroad tracks. Why would Marriott ever have a hotel next to railroad tracks, I’ll never know. And a construction crew is building a Marriott Residence Inn right next to your hotel. A big mistake, in my opinion.

When I returned from my walk, I took a shower in my room (No. 503). The shower floor is stained from urine, and there is a good deal of black mold lining the shower!
Just look for yourself or have a trusted employee check out that fact. I’ve never seen such filth in a Marriott hotel. The past two nights I stayed at the Fairfield Marriott in Regina, and two days before that at the TownePlace Suites in Saskatoon--both very clean and SAFE hotels.

Room tip: Try to get a CLEAN room!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Cyclopath43
Patrick M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Dear Cyclopath43,
Greetings from Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg!!!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations. Our staff works very hard to make sure rooms and common areas are clean and safe. As far as unsafe neighborhood, that is not something we typically hear. We can assure you that this is a very safe area. Again we are sorry to hear that your stay did not exceed your expectations and thank you for your feedback.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Nice, clean, close to town. They are building or adding on to one side but it didn't bother us. Wifi worked fine and breakfast was the typical Marriott. Clean sheets and comfortable bed. Nice walk in shower, no tub !

Date of stay: July 2017
Patrick M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear BethlehemPalUSA,
Greetings from Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg!!!
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg through TripAdvisor Survey.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As Our Valued Marriott Guest, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Winnipeg.

Patrick Martis

Reviewed 16 July 2017

stayed 2 nights and can not say enough about this hotel , breakfast was very good , many choices to pick from , coffee 24-7 means a lot to me and where I stay , beds were so comfortable , we ended up having a 3 hour nap , stayed on 3rd floor and it was very quite ..would stay here again , clean above the rest, a lot of room and good shopping close by loved our stay by far the best .

Room tip: 3rd floor was very quite for us .total 6 floors
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank walmart_gal2001
Patrick M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear walmart_gal2001,
Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate all your comments that will certainly encourage other readers to stay with us! I will forward your kind words to our team who will be delighted to hear that they are doing a good job. Looking forward to your soon return visit.

Fairfield Inn Family

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We always check and the first room had visible bed bugs. The second room was bug free. We stayed three nights and had issues with housekeeping getting to our room before four in the afternoon. The pool was great, but the hot tub didn't work. The desk clerks were very friendly and helpful. Overall, it wasn't the best, but not the worst for our first trip to Canada.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Patrick M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear Claudette,
Greetings from Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg!!!
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very disappointed to hear that there were problems in your room during your recent stay, this was a rare and unusual incident and not indicative of the very high level of service which we are known. The room in which you stay was inspected by our local pest control and we are happy to report that there were no indications that the room had an issue, if you would like to discuss this with me further, please feel free to contact me.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

We have spent numerous nights at this hotel and thoroughly enjoy that there is on site security. HOWEVER, they are now building a new hotel right beside it and we had to park down the street. Not cool!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LightPacker717165
Patrick M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Greetings from Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg!!!
Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback. We have noted the comments and we will work on creating closer parking spaces for our guests. Hope to welcome you back again soon.
Best Regards