“Chicken shawarma......yummmmmm”

Baraka Pita Bakery
Ranked #63 of 1,765 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Lebanese
Reviewed 2 July 2015

Don't go for the ambience....or customer service....there is none, however the chicken shawarmas makes up for lack off.
I also think they should be visited by Food health inspectors, bakery items are just sitting on the counter uncovered. Utensils looks dirty, overall eating area needs a good cleaning.

Food is good for take out!

Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

Great food with friendly staff. The mix of construction workers and suits waiting in line says it all. The beef pita pie is my favorite. The platters are big enough for two. Be sure to get a chocolate baklava for dessert.

1  Thank Daniel P
Reviewed 20 May 2015

I have enjoyed this place. I have found it this spring and have went here at least seven times, and have always had an excellent experience.

I see that other people feel the same ways because I am usually standing in line. It is worth the wait. the flavours are different then we commonly get here. I enjoy the pitas. We all love the lamb sausage in our pita. I would have never tried it, but the owner recommended it to me on my first visit when I asked for his recommendation. I was a new customer and didn't know what to choose. My second visit I asked and they said to get a bowl of lentil soup. It is another dish I would have never ordered off the menu. I completely enjoyed it.

I think it is a family restaurant, and one guy named Saheed asked me what my name was. I told him. I went back a week later, and he said,

1  Thank Assesssor
Reviewed 11 May 2015

The food quality has definitely declined over the many years we've been going here.
The customer service has always bordered on rude.
But the last nail in the coffin came today when I found a mouse dropping on my tray.
Baraka is dead to me!

3  Thank J B
Reviewed 1 April 2015

Baraka is a combination bakery/diner on north Main Street. There isn't much in the way of ambience, just a few Mediterranean photos, but the food, particularly the donairs and schwarmas, is excellent. The folks are friendly, the service is quick. Try the desserts too.