See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Went here for a wedding, so only visited the 8th floor banquet hall but it was such a classy place. The decor was gorgeous and the view was amazing. The banquet staff were friendly and offered great service.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Shane N, General Manager at The Marlborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Alundra P,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel as I truly appreciate your kind words. Our hotel has been labeled a historic property by the Manitoba Historical Society and we try to keep the integrity the same as it was back in 1914. I will pass along your kudos to our wonderful staff as well, as they all work very hard to ensure every guest is 100% satisfied.
Thank you once again for your review of our property and we all look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I stayed for 4 days. Everything was great! They have complimentary Breakfast which was delicious. The room was clean and great service. The best thing is the location of the hotel. It is 15 mins away from the Forks and in central downtown.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Shane N, General Manager at The Marlborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Dear Naz D,

Thank you very much for your kind words, and I am certainly glad you enjoyed your stay. We strive to make every guests experience a positive one and I believe we far surpassed your expectations. I look forward to your next visit with us and again thank you for the positive review of our hotel.

Sincerely

Reviewed 5 June 2017

This hotel (from the 1920s) is a classic.

Now, let's be honest. Is it the fanciest? No, you are paying under $100 for your room. But the honest truth is that it is a clean room, with responsive & polite staff, a great FREE breakfast, and the location is incredible!

And don't forget, as on of the city's oldest hotel's its got character. With architectural elements to enjoy outside, in the lobby and in the dining room, it is worth staying if you are curious. Also, the food is amazing. Some of the best in town.

Some things to keep in mind, they have older fixtures, but it seems to be constantly getting upgrades.

I STRONGLY recommend checking it out. I loved my stay.

Room Tip: great location clean
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Shane N, General Manager at The Marlborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear Jeremy D,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel as I truly appreciate your kind words. Our hotel has been labeled a historic property by the Manitoba Historical Society and we try to keep the integrity the same as it was back in 1914. We are constantly doing upgrades to our rooms, floors, common areas, and this summer to our WiFi network.

Sincerely

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Booked online through booking.com. Had no idea what this hotel was like but it looked ok through booking.com. After checking in, we were given our room key and told that the floor we were staying on was a "secure floor" and we would need our room key to access the floor. The secure lock was compromised and broken. The door lock on he room was also broken and just barely latched. I could have opened it with a credit card or pushed the whole door in with a bit of force. I wandered down the stairs to the main floor, got lost in the back bottom of the hotel, and found that the entryway to the hotel from the back alley was not locked and the hotel could be entered through there. I went out to park my car across the street and all hell broke loose. Huge gang fight right out front of he hotel...blood and fists and cops and security guards. Ugly. I walked back into the hotel after the dust had settled and told the front desk that I was checking out, and would like my money back please. I told them that the rooms were not secure, nor was the hotel, and I was just in the middle of an ugly scene out front. The attendand said "I don't blame you for checking out". She said "tomorrow we have 1000 guests checking in and we have hired 50 security guards". Yikes. Oh yes...and the sign behind the front desk that says "we are not responsible for lost or stolen items in the rooms."...nice touch. Tough area of Winnipeg.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank bonsfire
Shane N, General Manager at The Marlborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Good Morning bonsfire,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, I truly appreciate the feedback whether positive or negative it is a good measuring tool. I am sorry that you didn't get a chance to stay with us upon your visit. It seems that we didn't fulfill the basic requirements of having a safe and secure hotel, and for this I apologize. We are located in the downtown Winnipeg area, and although we have 24 hour security inside our hotel we cannot control what is outside and the people on the streets. Did you ask one of our guest service agents about the secured access floor and your room doors? As we have maintenance on until late and we could have addressed both of your concerns immediately.! I do sincerely apologize for your visit with us, and I hope that you will try us out again as I feel this was an isolated incident.
Thanks again for your review

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We wanted to spend weekend exploiting Winnipeg , this hotel came our package we got at Expedia .
The hotel is old and it could be pretty as the architecture is really pretty on the outside but rooms need way more attention .
We stayed at the 5th floor with extra secured door , that makes us feel like we are in a very Dangerous place .
The room service that was cleaning our room didn't clean anything and didn't even give us the shampoo next day , and they just changed our towels .
The person working at the front desk when we were leaving was lovely but the person that was there when we checked in was not so nice .
It sure was good to stay there and not to pay much money , as we spend our time walking around the city , but if we did it all over again this hotel would not be our choice , even tho the location was convenient .

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Shane N, General Manager at The Marlborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Bohemian_me84,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us, as I appreciate the feedback positive or negative it's valuable information.
First, I apologize for not meeting your expectations with respect to your recent stay. It disappoints me to hear comments like this, after the time, efforts and expense that we have invested in our people and property.
I sincerely hope that you would give us another chance to serve you, and I can assure you that we are continuing to work harder to give our guests a great hospitality experience each and every time.